The Blacksheep

Theodora Malfoy was always the black sheep of the honourable Malfoy family. As the youngest ,by far, she was adored as a baby that was until she started befriending muggles and "dirty mudbloods". Theodora saw no issue with this, she liked her friends but her family was appalled. Never in the history of the noble Malfoy house had a family member not only tolerated the lowly half breeds but befriended them?! It was unheard of and shocking.
Lucius, Theodora's older brother, was the angel child. He fitted into the Malfoy mold. Lucius despised Theodora with every fibre of his being and attempted to kill her many times as a child. Lucius is 6 years older than Theodora and tries his best to forget about her existence.

The worst thing Theodora has ever done to her family however, was being sorted into Gryffindor house.
At the ripe old age of eleven Theodora was essentially disowned and excommunicated by her own family.
To Theodora it was devastating at the time but not long after she grew to realise it was probably the best thing to ever happen to her. She was no longer restricted by the heavy expectations of her family as she'd already ruined all hope of bringing them pride. This allowed her to finally be free. And so she joined a crew of mischievous rapscallions who ran wild through the corridors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
This of course brings us to the present. Theodora (Teddy) Malfoy, sat on the floor of Marlene Mckinnons bedroom watching her pack her trunk.
"Do you really need to bring sixteen pairs of shoes Marls"
"Uhhh yes? You know we're gonna have tons of events this year! Sixth years have all the best parties. We get all the fun of being in senior levels without the stress of final year and NEWTS."
"You do know we do most of the work for NEWTS in sixth and seventh is just spent revising."
"Blegh ur such a swot pleaseee get your head out of the books this year, you're almost as bad as Remus."
"No one's as bad as Remus."
"I don't know, you're getting close. Moony and Stars two peas in a pod."
"That is not my name Marls and besides only Marauders call Remus Moony and you're not one so bugger off."
"You're always gonna hold that over me aren't you?"
"What?"
"That you're one of them and I'm not."
"I'm not really one of them, It's just because...never mind it doesn't really matter anyway you're as close to them as any of us."
"Yeah right, okay I think I'm finished!"
"Woooow only took...4 hours! Not long at all."
"Ha ha very funny we can't all pack in 6 minutes like you Theo."
"It was longer than 6 minutes but anyways we'd better get these trunks downstairs and get ready to go."
"Sure, dads gonna drive us to Kings Cross as soon as we're ready."

The two girls clumsily lugged their heavy trunks down two flights of stairs before finally reaching the front door. Mr. McKinnon helped them load the luggage into his car.
Marlene's father was muggle born and still enjoyed the comforts of his muggle upbringing such as driving rather than flying.
"Ready to go?" He asked the girls.
"All set."
"Ready."
They replied, excited to be heading back to their favourite place, Hogwarts. Theo couldn't wait to get back to what was essentially her home and to see all her friends again.
Every summer Theo spent her time bouncing around various friends houses, crashing on couches and camping on the beach. She never went home not since her first year. The summer after her first year when she ventured home she was met with a less than warm welcome. When she wasn't being screamed at or beaten she was being ignored completely. It was horrific, she vowed never to return and hasn't since. She liked to consider Hogwarts her home.

This summer was a little different however, as she was joined by another runaway child Sirius Black. Sirius had a similar story to Theo. He too came from a highly regarded Pure-Blood family Slytherin royalty. The Noble House of Black was one of the most famous and well respected wizarding families in history. Sirius too was sorted into Gryffindor much to his family's dismay.

This summer he ran away and spent most of his time at The Potters house but often joined Theo in some wild orphaned adventures. The Potter family were quite the opposite of the Malfoys and the Blacks. Although they too were highly regarded they were warm, welcoming, kind and most importantly Gryffindors. They welcomed Sirius and Theo with open arms though Theo never liked to stay too long in any one place. She also felt it was asking a lot of the Potters to take in not just one extra moody teenager but two. That is on top of their one cocky little angsty teenage son, James. James Potter, leader of her friend group, Quidditch superstar prodigy, Gryffindor heartthrob, complete idiot, and one of Theo's best friends. James, although he could be a little prick, was generally a lovely person.

Once they arrived at Kings Cross Station, Marlene and Theodora bid Mr. McKinnon goodbye and headed toward platforms 9 and 10. One by One they each walked confidently directly into the wall and easily passed through. They had now reached platform 9 and 3/4. Facing the gleaming Hogwarts Express a wave of joy and excitement passed over Theodora. She was going home.