the first mission

"Alright Potter, Evans you take ground floor. Black, McKinnon, second floor. Lupin, MacDonald basement. Pettigrew you're with me. Jones and Alice are taking the grounds. We all set?"
"Yup!" Sirius said practically bouncing on his heels.

The Carrow estate was huge, the grounds were expansive and rather creepy in the pitch black of night. The weather was not on their side, it was pouring rain with cracks of thunder every few minutes. Frank however said this was a help, that it would help cover any noise we made.
Supposedly there was to be a Deatheater gathering somewhere else tonight so there shouldn't be many people in the house. None if we were lucky.

Mary grasped my arm tightly as we crept into the grand manor and Frank silently pointed us in the direction of the basement entrance. Everyone else split off in various directions to scour the house in search of Teddy.

"this is so creepy." Mary whispered shakily, grasping her wand in one hand and my arm in the other.
"shh." I snapped quietly, pointing to the light glowing ahead of us. Mary's breath hitched as we approached the door and I slid my arm out of her hold to stand Infront of her. I held out my wand and cast a charm to unlock the door. I took a breath before pushing it open.

There was an old lamp glowing at the top of the stone steps down to the basement but no guards. I could hear the sound of muffled voices however, low grumbling voices, distinctly male. Then I heard it, the most hideous sound I'd ever heard. A shriek, a wail, a cry.

Teddy.

I sprinted down the steps, wand raised and teeth gritted.

"BOMBARDA!" I yelled, shattering the barred door at the end of the stairs. Bright sparks flew wildly the second I entered the dank, ice cold basement. Three shadowy figures shot curses in the dark and I tried my best to fire back. This was, of course, incredibly difficult considering I could neither see my opponents nor manage to get a shot in between my defensive spells. Mary had also seemed to disappear.

"MAC!" I called but she was nowhere to be found.
"CRUCIO!" Someone yelled and I tried my best to counter it but the spell hit my arm sending firey pain shooting up my arm and spreading throughout my body.
"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" I screamed and managed to hit one of them, I heard them thud to the ground. In my moment of relief another curse flew at me, hitting my leg this time. More burning pain filled my body but I tried to ignore it. I had to stop them, I had to save her.

Sparks flew across the shadowy basement, until finally my charm hit one of them and they dropped to floor. Now one on one I moved closer towards my opponent, my heart racing and anger coursing in my veins.
"AVADAK-"
"STUPEFY!" I managed to throw my curse before he could and he flew back against the wall.

"TEDDY? TEDDY WHERE ARE YOU?!"
"REMUS REMUS, OVER HERE!" Mary called and I illuminated my wand to try and find where her voice was coming from. I spun around to find Mary kneeling down in a corner beside what appeared to be a lifeless corpse, practically a skeleton.