Teddy Bear

Teds and I in the first snow of the season '76- Moony

- Moony

Teds and I in the first snow of the season '76- Moony

Snowday with my girls Marls, Alice and Theo '76
-Lily

Snowday with my girls Marls, Alice and Theo '76-Lily

Theo makes the best hot chocolate '76
-James

Theo makes the best hot chocolate '76-James

Me &Marls '76
-Teddy

Theo's Perspective

The weeks have passed far too quickly. Mid terms came and went,so did Sirius' birthday (I won't say much but it was certainly one for the history books).
We finally got snow here at Hogwarts. Snow is one of my absolute favourite things in the world. It's like a blanket around the world. Everything is soft, and quiet and beautiful. The girls and I went to Hogsmeade the first day it snowed and stocked up on winter supplies. It's safe to say we will not be needing anymore chocolate until the new year.
It's freezing here. As much as I love the snow I would appreciate not freezing my tits off every time I have to go to herbology, or a quidditch match, or worst of all, like tonight, a full moon.

It's always cold in the shack but tonight is worse than it's ever been. The cold has frozen the tips of my hair and I can't feel my toes. I have to step on them to make sure they're still attached to my foot.

"Hey" he says quietly, nudging my shoulder to pull me from my thoughts.
"You don't have to come tonight if you don't want to, I don't want you dying of hypothermia, or anything else for that matter." He says with a grimace.
"What's a moony moon night without me?!" I grin, trying not to show my chattering teeth.
"You're shivering like a stray dog Teddy"
"HEY!" Sirius objects.
"Sorry pads, really though, it's okay. I'll be fine."
"Remus you're not getting rid of me so you might as well stop trying, besides once we change I won't feel it."
"Alright fine but-" he swiftly takes his big knitted jumper off and hands it to me, "Take this at least." He smiles. "I don't need it."
"Ugh fine but seriously we'll be changing soon this is pointless."
"Just fucking take it Malfoy" he jokes.
" Alright alright fine no need to get your tail in a twist Lupin."

I take off my coat and put his jumper on over my multiple layers before replacing my coat on top. The jumper is still warm from his body and it smells like chocolate and firewood.
"Thanks Moony." I smile and miss his cheek making a blush rise on his cheeks.
"Looks better on you anyway" he says with a wink.

"Alright then, lets get this party started shall we?" James says stumbling into the shack with a grin. "Moony why are you half naked it's like -10 out here!"
"Mamas mad" Sirius sniggers
"I gave Ted my jumper she was turning into a human ice pop plus, I won't need it in like 10 minutes."
"Neither will she! Siriously-"
"That's me!"
"SERIOUSLY you need to stay warm while you can."
"I'm fine prongs."
"Jesus you're such a flirt." James mumbles but Remus hears it...so do I, but I hide the blush on my cheeks.

Right, so...
I should probably explain why I'm here.
Well, when we discovered Remus was well...Moony, James hatched a plan. The boys all decided to become animagi. Luckily enough. I already was one. Partly the reason my family always thought I was a little freak. I can become a bear. Hence the name... Teddy...Teddy bear.
That's me.
Remus said it was because I was the softest fluffiest cuddliest little bear he'd ever met and he didn't think I could ever be scary. Listen ..he as twelve.
But it stuck. When I found out about his little secret,before the boys figured out how to change, it was just moony and I on our 'moon nights'.
He hated me being there at first. He didn't want to hurt me. I kept my distance and just kept an eye on him to make sure he was alright. Eventually it became a fun little ritual. Every full moon we'd gather supplies and head down to the shrieking shack. We'd sit for hours talking before the change and afterward Remus liked having a friend.
I hate seeing him go through it. It's awful seeing him in so much horrific pain. But at least he's not alone. He's never alone and that's all that matters.

Once the boys found out they indoctrinated me into their little club and that's how we got to where we are now.

Other than the cold tonight's change is no different to every other we've been through. Theres pain and screaming and then there's howling and antlers and fur and rat tails. We run through the forests going wild, quite literally. We keep Remus company and safe. Of course we all end up bumped and bruised and scarred but it's all part of the process.
Remus used to hate his scars but now I can tell him they're each a little reminder of our memories. All our nights spent together. They're beautiful and he should wear them with pride. When we get back to the shack we change into our clothes and help Remus back up to the castle where madam Pomfrey is waiting for us.
She gave up on scolding us a long time ago. I think she's just glad Remus isn't alone out there anymore.

Remus lies in his hospital bed in the corner of the wing, away from everyone else. We place a bar of chocolate on his bedside table and leave for our own dorms. Madam hooch won't let us stay overnight no matter how much we object. We'll all visit him in the morning and make sure he's alright. James always brings him breakfast and Peter brings and extra bar of chocolate (just in case).

Despite the pain of moon nights we somehow manage to make it feel okay. Remus always says that as long as we're together it's alright. I think he's right.
As long as we're all together. Everything will turn out alright.