Little star

"I don't know what to do, he won't get out of bed. The funeral's today and he refuses to move."
"Do you want me to try talking to him?" James asked kindly.
"Maybe, I don't know if it'll help. I know he's hurting. I mean of course he is. I just wish he'd talk to me. He hasn't even cried James."
"Fuck...Teds it's not your fault okay? He's just really going through it. You know Moony he gets like this when he's really hurting, he'd rather feel nothing then let it all in."
"Yeah..."
"I'll go try and get him up alright?"
"Thanks James."
James offered a thin lipped smile before making his way up the stairs.

The house was oddly quiet considering the number of people staying there. Everyone was speaking in whispers or staying completely silent. Teddy couldn't understand it, how they were all staying so quiet. All she wanted to do was scream and cry and throw a fit. But she couldn't. She had to be strong for Remus. They couldn't both break down or nothing would get done. She had been the one to organise the funeral, to tell the school so that their friends could come, to get them all the week off school to grieve. She was the one who found Hope's little black book and contact everyone she knew. She was the one who got the notice put in the Prophet.
She was exhausted, but she knew she had to do it.

She hadn't read the letter yet. She hadn't even told Remus about them. She knew she should, she knew he would hate her for withholding this part of his mother from him. She just simply couldn't bring herself to look at them never mind open them.
So they stayed hidden in the drawer with all of Remus' research on treatments. Beneath a stack of old Christmas cards and photos.

"Hey, how're you feeling?" Lily asked, gently rubbing Theo's back in an attempt of comforting her.
"Fine."
"You sure? You know it's okay to be upset?"
"Just not right now."
"What?"
"Sorry Lily I have to go change I'll talk to you later alright?"

Theodora hurried up the stairs, biting her lip to hold everything in. She couldn't cry, not yet. She knocked softly on Remus' bedroom door before entering. She found Remus in the exact position she'd left him earlier that morning. James sat at his bedside talking in a hushed tone and holding his hand.
"Cmon mate you don't wanna miss this, you'll regret it later. Oh hi Teddy."
James looked up suddenly, acknowledging her entrance.
"Hi, sorry James I have to change. Do you mind..."
"Oh right yeah of course."
"Thanks for trying." She whispered to him as he left.