Berry Ocky Rot

Theodora's POVI was released from the hospital wing after 3 days

Theodora's POV
I was released from the hospital wing after 3 days. My ankle was still a little sore but it was no longer facing in the wrong direction so Madam Pomfrey deemed me well enough to leave. Remus came to get me so he could help me hobble my way up the stairs carrying bags and books with me. He had been very sweet since I got injured but when he looked at me his eyes had a sort of sadness I'd never seen before, not when he looked at me at least. He looked at me like I was dead like I was something he couldn't see anymore, couldn't touch, couldn't feel. It was weird. I didn't want to bother him but something had to be done, he needed some serious cheering up.

I decided to make a plan, a party plan. Specifically a cheer up moony party plan. Of course I had to consult Hogwarts resident party extraordinaire, Sirius Black.
I approach Sirius during Potions class. He's hunched over a large cauldron stirring relentlessly as sweat drips down his forehead and his hair slowly expands. We've been tasked with brewing amortentia but Sirius' potion looks more like liquid death.
"Need some help" I ask sympathetically and he visibly relaxes at the sound of my voice.
"Oh thank God Theo please do something I think it's going to explode."
I laugh and step in front of his cauldron scooting him aside. "Jesus Pads what did you do??"
"I DONT KNOW!!!"
"Did you bruise the peppermint leaves or the flowers?"
"The flowers."
"Do you add the powdered moonstone bit by bit?"
"Yes!!"
"Did you stir it anti-clockwise?"
".....shit."
"Mhm see there lies your problem, you've now made a loath portion instead of a love potion you dimwit. Right we'll have to start again hand me another gold cauldron please."
Sirius handed it over sheepishly and I set him to work gathering a fresh set of ingredients.
"Right bruise the peppermint flowers with the pestle and mortar and then give them to me."
"Cool... thanks for the help by the way."
"No problem." I flash him a smile before returning to concentrate on the potion in front of me. I love potions, always have. I was top of our class much to the dismay of snivelling Severus Snape.
"Okay sprinkle the flowers in while I get the leaves." I direct Sirius.
He does as told and the potion turns a soft pink colour before returning to green.

"Why didn't that happen when I did it on my own??"
"Because you're a silly goose and you never read the directions properly."
"A silly goose??" He laughs
"Yes...a silly goose."
"How did you get to be so kind?"
"I couldn't tell you, anyways it's time for the moonstone so pay attention."
"Paying attention." Sirius stands up straight and salutes like a soldier.
"Haha very funny, right come on. Pass me the powdered moonstone and the stirring rod please."
He passes them to me look far more serious now, his brows furrowed looking intently at the liquid in front of him.
"Okay so.." I pass him the moonstone I just measured out and a tablespoon. "Add 1 spoon at a time and I'm going to stir it 3 times anti clockwise between each spoon okay?"
"Got it."

We very carefully carry out these steps and once complete I continue stirring anti-clockwise for 3 minutes until we're ready for the next step.
"Alright, so, moment of truth, if we did it right the sprinkled rose thorns should turn the whole potion dark pink. It's all on you Mr Black."
Sirius looks nervous as he takes he rose thorns and carefully sprinkles them into the cauldron. The liquid bubbles for a second and then turns a deep shade of magenta.
"HAH WE DID IT!!!" Sirius exclaims and picks me up twirling me around with excitement.
When he finally sets me down he was the biggest grin.
"You Ms Malfoy, are a genius."
"Thank you." I laugh.

I set his potion aside with a silk cloth covering it.
"That should be ready to finish off in a week with the rest of ours!"
"Thank you so much Teddy."
"No problem, mayyybe you could do me a favour in return?"
"What kind of favour are we talkin??" He says with a cheeky smirk.
"Hey! What?! No! Ew!"
"Alright no need for so much disgust anyways go on what do you need?"
"I need to cheer Moony up he's been so down lately and I though what better than a good ole common room party to put a smile on his face!"
"I like your thinking Malfoy. Right so when were you thinking?"
"Friday?"
"Sounds good to me. I'll get started sourcing drinks. On such short notice we may have to make do with some hogs head brew and fire whiskey."
"Oh don't worry I've still got my store of red currant rum and nettlewine so whatever you can get will be fine."
"Everyone always brings drinks anyway so it's really not an issue."
"This is true, remember last year when that rich third year turned up with a whole case of Berry Ocky Rot?"
"Hahaha yeah we were drinking that for weeks, it was god awful too. I don't get rich people wine."
"I sort of liked it."
"Of course you did Padfoot."
"So we're on for Friday then?"
"Yeah, I'll spread the word."