press, pull, bleed

Remus'perspective

Remus'perspective

The doors to the hospital wing swing open as I kick through them. All I can think about is how cold she feels in my arms.
Please don't be dead Teddy.
Please please please don't be dead.

"Mr Lupin? What's going on- Oh My! Good heavens what has happened?! Quick quick lay her down here. Put her down Remus!"
I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just standing staring at Madam Pomfrey, completely frozen. I haven't stopped since the second I found her and now, now I'm finally here. Fuck bloody hell snap out of this!
"REMUS!" Madam Pomfrey is tugging at my arms, trying to pull Teddy free.
"I can't, I can't leave her please."
"Remus you have to let me help her."
She looks me straight in the eyes, she looks on the verge of tears.
I nod and my hands go slack.

Madam Pomfrey swiftly moves Teddy onto the nearest hospital bed and begins working on her, removing my shoddy bandages and gasping in shock at the sight Infront of her.
There's so much blood. It's everywhere. My jumper, my jeans, my arms, they're all coated.
Teddy looks like she's been bathed in blood. It's in her hair, all over her face and...fucking everywhere. Her skin is so pale in comparison to the crimson red which coats her body.
She's so pale, so cold, so thin.
She looks like a ghost.
She looks like she's already dead.

Please don't be dead.
Please please please don't be dead Teddy.
You promised.
Please.

I can't hold myself up any longer and my body crumples to the floor as sobs wrack my body. What the fuck has she done? How could she do this? WHY would she do this?
"Remus...Remus hey, I'm here, I'm here it's okay." A firm hand holds my shoulder and the blurry figure if James comes into my view as he crouches Infront of me. I can barely hear what he's saying or focus on anything but the sound of the pleading in my head.

Please, please, please.

"Remus cmon, let's get you up, cmon mate you can't be here right now." James' hands reach under my armpits as he lifts me to my feet, my body is limp as he carries me. We stumble out of the hospital wing doors and collapse onto the bench outside.
"No no no no, James I can't- I can't leave her- I can't not be there if she- in case she- fuck I have to go back in. I have to James I have to! Please, please, please just- just PLEASE JAMES!"
I ramble and fight against him as I try to get back through the doors but James is strong and my body doesn't feel like my own. When my knees give out and I collapse again James catches me. He hauls me back to the bench where we sit.