The infamous Black Lake

Moony on the Hogwarts Express '76- Teddy

- Teddy

Theodora's Perspective

After 4 long hours the Hogwarts express is finally pulling into its destination. I'm home.
Remus lifts my trunk down from the rack and we all exit the train from the last door as it's closest to the forrest clearing with the carriages. Lupin and I are the only people who can see the thestrals and we've chosen not to ruin the magic for the others, we let them believe they're pulling themselves.

Moony, Sirius and I get in an empty carriage and wait for James to return with the people he's gone searching for.
"No sign of Evans, don't worry I'll find her, but I picked up this little fella on the way back!" James yelled across the grounds as he made his way back. The short blonde boy having his head knuckled by James was Peter Pettigrew. Another member of our little group Peter was always a little bit...odd. More and more lately if I'm honest, he's been distancing himself and Slytherins who used to try their best to make his life miserable now greet him with a curt nod instead. We're all a bit worried but to be honest I don't think Peter has the mental capacity for mutiny. Besides, he had to have been sorted into Gryffindor for a reason.

"Hey Peter," I greet him with a polite smile. The boys begin interrogating poor Peter about his whereabouts the whole trip, why he never tried to find our carriage. He explains that he was late and got stuck minding first years up the front, this is very plausible I've not known Peter to be particularly timely. Once the boys are satisfied that he wasn't off plotting with Slytherins we all settle back into normality.

"So no Evans, Prongs?" Sirius questions.
"Nah but I only saw her a few days ago when she came round mine for the weekend."
"I can't believe she actually tolerates you even outside of school," I laugh.
"I mean so do you and you're a girl." James shrugs.
"First of all I have to tolerate you for Sirius' sake but also at least I don't have to snog you." I fake vomit and the boys all laugh even James let's put a chuckle.
"Yeah yeah very funny we all know you're too busy thinkin about snogging someone else to worry about Lily and I."
"Oh yeah and who exactly am I thinking about Prongs?"
"It's obviously Mo-"
"Okay why don't we just stop this bickering now before it goes too far and Teddy ignores you for a week again Prongs." Remus interjects.
"Fine."
"Yeah whatever." James rolls his eyes at me before settling in a smug grin.

We draw closer to the castle and I can see the warm lights shining down though the windows. God I love this place, it's so beautiful.

The carriage stops a few meters away from the entrance gate and we all hop off carrying our trunks and bags with us. Ahead of us a group of girls are gathered near the gate deep in conversation.
"JAMES!" one calls and waves. James beams and runs towards the girl catching her waist and spinning her around before placing her down and kissing her.
"Evans." Sirius laughs exasperatedly
"He's completely infatuated she's definitely gonna break his heart."
"I think they're cute." Peter pipes up.
"Of course you do wormtail." Sirius laughs. "All I'm saying is I do not want to deal with grumpy heartbroken James Potter, he's bad enough already."
"Come on let's go say hi." I say continuing toward the gate.

"Lily!" I greet her and give her a hug.
"I've missed you Teddy you keep me sane around these dimwits." Lily jokes and ruffles James' hair, much to his dismay.
"I've missed you too," I grin and greet the other girls: Alice Fortescue, Mary MacDonald, Dorcas Meadows and Marlene who I only saw this morning but give her a tight squeeze regardless.
The boys all say hello too, Sirius trying to impress them all as per usual.
"Right should we head in then?" Moony pipes up.
"Sure." James says picking up both his and Lily's trunks and making his way toward the castle.

We all make our way inside and up to the dorms. I follow the other girls up to the girls dorm and claim the bed in the corner by the window, the best bed, and get set up. I rummage around my trunk to find my uniform. I put on my skirt and shirt but don't feel like tying a tie or wearing my cloak so I leave it at that.
"Won't you be cold in just that?" Dorcas asks from her bed two across from mine.
"I'll be fine, the hall is always warm."
"But aren't we going out afterward? down to the lake like usual?"
"I'll probably just head to the common room after dinner I'm quite tired and I've so much reading to get through before classes start."

Dinner in the great hall is as decadent as ever and Dumbledore makes a speech about optimism in dark times.
"Right. So. Black lake tonight?" Sirius asks excitedly, the annual first night party is rather legendary.
"You lot go ahead I think I'm gonna try and get ahead on my school work, have fun." I say getting up to leave them.
"What? No!! You can't leave us Teddy come on it's not a marauders party without you!" James whines.
"It's cold and I'm tired Prongs, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun without me."
"It's one night Teddy please?? I'm sure Moony would be more than happy to keep you warm." James remarks with a wink.
"Ugh look I really need to work this year."
"You could take one night off Teddy." Moony says innocently looking up at me with a smile.
"Don't look at me like that you're making me feel bad it's one party."
"Please Teddy." They're all giving me puppy eyes now and I can't say no.
"Ughhhh fine fine but let me go upstairs and get a jumper."
"How can we trust that you won't just get into bed with a book?"
"I pinky swear I won't is that good enough?"
"Nope!" Moony says suddenly jumping up and grabbing my waist. He throws me over his shoulder and carries me determinedly toward the door.
"REMUS! PUT. ME. DOWN." I shout and slap his back but he doesn't even flinch.
"Come on then." He calls to the others and grinning widely.

This is gonna be a long night.