CHAPTER 1

[The Japheth Residence; White Avenue]
-
-
-
-
-
     "Mum! I'm home" Michelle said walking into the kitchen with lots of bags in her hands.

     "Oh, thank you darling. I really needed that nap".

     "Well you're welcome".

     "And, I saw a little bit increase in our estimated budget from the debit I received earlier".

     "Oh...about that, I had to get a new phone pouch".

     "And?"

     "...a phone charger".

     "And?"

     "New glasses, but it doesn't matter does it? I mean it was just a little bit of expenses".

     "When you start working you'll understand ".

     Her phone had a notification so she picked it up.

     "From who?" Her mother asked.

     "Sammy".

     "What does she want?".

Sammy: hey! So sorry for the disturbance                             but please can you help me babysit jack 29ite 🥺

     "She wants me to watch Jack. It's fine right?".

     "Seriously?! You've been doing that for a while now. When would she take up her responsibilities?".

     "It's not her fault that she's not good with children. Her parents are out of town and it must have been stressful for  her, besides I'm her bestie".

     "You are not babysitting anyone".

     "Fine. I'll be upstairs, you can call me if you need me. I need to work on my project".

     "Okay. I'll keep everything in order".

     Michelle  rushed up the stairs and into her room. She took her phone out of her back pocket and immediately texted Samantha.

Mikel: I'm so sorry but I can't, maybe nxt time but If things get out of hand just call me nd I'll think of a way to get there ASAP. Anyways, where are you heading to????

     Michelle sat down, leg crossed on the floor, waiting for Samantha's reply. She felt a vibration from her phone so she took the incoming call.

     "Hey Sammy, what are you up to?".

     "Nothing really serious. Just some party and I really need to be there. I guess I'm going with Jack  then..."

     "No! Please don't. I know how crazy you can get so don't go anywhere with him".

     "Then it's either  you're helping me or I'll  go with him. That should be what you're trying to say" Samantha said over the phone.

     "No, look I'm  just trying to obey my mum so for today I can't. I'm really sorry. I really am and I hope you understand".

     "It's fine I understand. Anyways, it's  such a pity you can't attend Kylie's birthday party".

     "Wait, Kylie? Like my seatmate, Kylie? I mean, i thought we stopped talking to her after she betrayed us but still why didn't she tell me"

     "Michelle you know what? You're over thinking the whole situation. She doesn't hate us now and besides she invited almost everybody in school".

     "-And I'm not on the list. It's not like I care Anyways but why would you all want to attend a bully's birthday party. She even has minions now " Michelle said feeling disgusted

     "Well in case you don't know, money attracts people. She needs a lot of people so she can meet up with girls of her class. There has been a new attitude after we pushed her out of our clique".

     "She has always been that way. I don't  care about her and we should all feel the same. And oh I don't want you, Daniel or Mary to attend the party. She's only trying to use-"

     "Michelle, just because you weren't invited doesn't mean you should stop others from having fun!".

     "And Sammy you call HER party fun? I mean what has gotten into you lately? You should stay back at home and take care of your brother. Remember that your parents left you in charge of him".

     "I don't get you, are you jealous or something? Well if you don't want us to go then fine, I'll inform the others. We won't go".

     "Great! Enjoy your weekend. I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow after church".

     "Okay, bye".

     "Bye Sammy!" Michelle said and disconnected the call.