CHAPTER 13

“Why are you always mean to junior students?” Michelle asked. “Why must you be a bully”.

     “Who do you think you are? If you know what’s better for you then step out of this situation while you’ve still got legs” Kylie warned.

     “If others are scared of you, I’m not! I can never be scared of you!”.

     Kylie pushed the girl away and she fell face down on the floor, Michelle helped her up and she scurried away.

     “It’s just funny when bad things happen to others and not me” Kylie smirked.

     “You know that Karma is real right? I hope it gets you!” Michelle looked sternly at Kylie.

     “You know what, I have a lot of things to say to you but not here and not now. You think you’re perfect but it’s just your façade”. Kylie told Michelle.

     “Aren’t you talking about yourself?”.

     Kylie had one of her zealot laughs and turned back to face Michelle. “Try me next time and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life. Trust me! Anyways, I have something for you, ‘Just so you know watch your bestie, time matters a lot but soon would you matter?’ Girls! We move” Kylie said and gestured with her hands, her minions got the cue and they left, leaving Michelle in her thoughts.

     “What does she mean?”.

                                 *

     Kylie instructed her minions to wait for her by the door of the SHS 2 science classroom while she went in. Angel, Bethany, Ella, Matilda, Flourish and Mirabel nodded their heads as Kylie smiled. It was one of her award winning smiles and it gave a hint, it was one of a kind as her weapon when she had a plan She met Samantha reading and Kylie knew exactly what to do and she knew she had to do it immediately. She walked to Samantha’s desk and sat on it.

     “Aren’t you supposed to be in the canteen, you know…eating?” Kylie asked.

     Samantha removed her textbook from her face, she held it down and replied “No, I need to prepare for the tests” boringly.

     “But it’s still far away!” Kylie emphasized.

     “I know and that’s why I need to start making preparations now”.

     “Okay…” Kylie nodded her head in affirmation. “So are you signing up for the competition?” She asked.

     “Why are you so interested in me today?” Samantha asked.

     “You know… it’s rude to answer a question with a question. I just want to know. I hope I’m not being a nuisance” Kylie said batting her eyelashes.

     “I don’t really know if you’re not or if you are but I understand that even if being who you are is what you want, you also want to talk to people” Samantha the book and had her full attention on Kylie as she spoke. “Anyways…” She waved her hands in the air like she was shoving something away. “I can’t sign up for the debate competition because I’m a science student”.

     “Is there any rule that says ‘science students are not allowed to participate in a debate competition’?” Kylie asked.

     Samantha stroked her chin “I don’t think so but it’s Michelle’s thing, not mine. It has never been mine” She expressed.

     “But then, may be there’s a tiny urge on your inside that’s compelling you to get into the competition”.

     “Yes, Sometimes I feel like doing it but I always ponder on how Michelle is going to react. Sometimes when I watch Michelle on stage I try to do the same thing in front of my mirror”.

     “I think Michelle is just afraid of your abilities, she’s afraid that you can steal her spotlight and become the captain of the group. I know you before now and believe me when I say that you can do this!”.

                        *Silence*

     “Wow! I think I’m starting to see things from another perspective. You know what, I’ll think about it. May be this might finally be my time to shine” Samantha smiled at Kylie and thanked her.

     “You’re ever welcome. I have to go now before the…” The bell completed her statement with its sound.

     Samantha had a grin on her face as Kylie left. ‘I am definitely doing this!’.

                                 *

     In the SHS 2 Art classroom, it was time for the English Language Lesson and that was the last class for the day. All the students were seated as the teacher, Mrs. Gift commenced.

     “Today we’ll be talking about Abbreviations. Some of you use it while texting, talking etc., while others use it in essays which is wrong! You can use it while talking to someone you know informally. Anyways I know that each and everyone one of you here know the meaning of the word I want someone to confidently give us a correct meaning along with some examples. I want to hear what you know”.

     So many hands flew up and Mrs. Gift took her time to select a student who would not give a definition outside the curriculum but a definition that would be of benefit to other students.

     “Okay, Nichole, we should hear from you”.

     Nichole smiled and stood up. “An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word or phrase, for example, Ave. for Avenue, Aug. for August, GMT for Greenwich mean time, Sec. for Seconds and Dept. for Department, etcetera.”.

     “That’s nice! So I’ll be taking only one answer today, I’m so sorry”.

     At the end of the teacher instructed Michelle to stand up as she heard her mumbling some words.

     “Do you have something to share with the rest of the class?”.

     “I was just saying that according to what I’ve heard and processed so far, I was just wondering why the three to five initial letters need a long word like ‘Abbreviation’ to show what they are. It’s too long for what it means. I’ve known the meaning for a long time now but the thought came into my mind during the class”.

     “Have you seat now, miss. Michelle. I thought you had something brilliant to share with the class like you always do”.

                                *

     Finally, school was dismissed for the day. In the library, Mr. Paul had carefully and successfully selected 4 students for the debate and they were all anxious to know who the fifth student was. Normally, every year when it was time for the debate competition, Michelle was always the captain ever since she became a part of it. It was just ‘HER THING’. However, the problem was that B.S.H.S had never attained the first position but had climbed to the second place the previous year. The school’s aim for that year was first place and some students secretly made plans to replace Michelle but no one was deemed fit to be given such a position with great responsibilities.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hello again 👋 👋 👋 👋 👋 👋.

Thank you so much for reading.

Please don't be a ghost reader. I'll be very delighted to meet you!

I also want to thank my new followers, I really appreciate.

A big THANK YOU to all those who voted for the previous chapter.

Have a nice day and don't forget to vote.

Also, you can point out my mistakes if you see any, I'll be really pleased.