CHAPTER 26

‘Michelle doesn't understand what I’m going through! She doesn’t but she’s supposed to. She thinks I’m just the happy girl I pretend to be, at least sometimes. She’s my bestie and doesn’t deserve what I’m doing to her right now but I want to live, I don’t want to die. Finding out about my predicament has not been easy on me and my parents don’t have enough money to help me so how could I refuse Kylies’ offer that day in the hospital when she met me crying. I had no other choice than to tell her everything and then she offered to help but how was I supposed to know what I would have to do, now I obey her every command and I’m at her beck and call but I can’t help it, I’m nothing but a puppet in her hands. I am even sadder because Michelle doesn’t care to know me deeper than she does, I can’t call her my friend indeed but what about Kylie? No, at least she’s helping me unlike Michelle who has never even made an attempt to visit me always coming up with one excuse or another, she doesn’t deserve to know of my condition but now I’ve sold my soul to Kylie…to the Devil. It’s worth not telling Michelle. It’s worth it! If I could…”

     Kylie tapped Samantha and brought her out of her trance. “The movie has been going on for 10 minutes and you haven’t even looked at the screen”.

     “Now I’m looking” Samantha said.

     “Are you still thinking about Michelle!”.

     “No”.

[The Japheth Residence; Gold Avenue]

     After the movie Michelle called her mum as she instructed and she took her home.

     “So how’s the party plan going?” Michelle asked.

     “Smooth. You know that lady that organizes a cooking competition and awards for owners of restaurants and café?”.

     “Yes I do mum, what about her?”.

     “She’s coming to our Café’s anniversary and if she likes it I’ll be on these years’ show”.

     “Oh my goodness” Michelle squealed. “That. Is. Fantastic! I mean this must be like a dream come true for you”.

     “yes darling, it’s really a dream come true. If I win then I’m taking my business to the next level”.

     “I’m really happy for you” Michelle hugged her mother and turned towards the staircase.

     “Wait, I need you to go shopping with me for the decorations and the clothes we’ll be wearing, we need to make a good impression”.

     “Of course mum! I’ve always wanted to. What about the invitation cards? I can help with that”. Michelle suggested.

     “Sure. Anyways. Have you tried calling Mary to ask if she’s arrived”.

     “I’ve been trying like ever since she left but the call doesn’t go through, always”.

     “Maybe she’s busy with packing”.

     “I guess?!” Michelle felt sad. “Okay, let’s go”.

     “Wait a minute or two, I need to get our shopping list ready”.

     “Of course” Michelle said and grinned widely, “I’ll wait”.

[The Christopher’s Mansion; Diamond Avenue]

     The B squad were seated in Charles’ room on his bed playing a video game after they got back from the cinema.

     Mathew won the first round and he gave a silly victory dance.