CHAPTER 6

“I’ve been receiving threat messages, whoever is behind it wants me to stop”.

     “Why?” Daniel asked.

     “That’s the point, but I don’t know who and why” Mary said looking uncomfortably at a table at the other end of the canteen.

     “You think it’s Kylie right? I’m also thinking the same cause remember when she said she’ll make our lives miserable” Michelle added.

     “It doesn’t mean we should blame her for everything that happens to us, although you have a point” Samantha said and sat upright.

     “How bad are the threats?” Michelle asked.

     “Very bad,” Mary used her palms to cover her face “I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you guys like way back before now, but I was really scared”.

     “Oh my, if it’s Kylie then she’s really going to regret” Daniel said.

     “Let’s look at some of the threats “. Samantha suggested.

     “I’m not supposed to tell”.

     “Why?” Samantha asked.

     Michelle rubbed her palm on her forehead.

     “Look, you guys shouldn’t overthink the whole situation, I have everything under control”. Mary explained.

     “Your nose is twitching, we’re helping” Samantha said and clasped her hands. “So our first suspect is Kylie. ‘Operation damage her phone so she won’t send you threat messages’. What do you think?”.

     “It’s from an unknown number” Mary said.

     “It might be Kylies’” Daniel stated.

     “No, I have her number saved in my phone” Mary said.

     “Wait, I have a better plan we’ll threaten her back with an unknown number, that will make her stop sending the threat messages” Michelle smiled. “But first, we should start with Sammy’s idea”.

     “Before we continue, we need a Refill. Our snacks have all been devoured”. Daniel said pushing his chair out of the table so he could stand up. “I’ll get more” he said and left.

     On his way to their table he met Christiana. Christiana was supposed to be in their class but she was given a promotion when they were all in SHS (Senior High School) 1 to SHS 2 and now that they were in SHS 2 she was in SHS 3. She even got appointed as the Head girl of the school.

     “Hi!”.

     “Hey” He said.

     “I heard that you no longer attend your math classes?”.

     “It’s so lame and boring. I can’t even grab anything in any of the classes”.

     “Really? I mean you could have told me. I can be a great tutor!”.

     “I don’t need one”.

     “Oh I just assumed then”. She said with a blank expression on her face.

     “Well, assumption is a bad thought. So where were you headed to?”.

     “Nowhere in particular” She said “Unless you want me to come along”.

     “I don’t think my friends would appreciate that”.

     “Oh”.

     “They’re really selective and besides they’ve been judgmental about you lots of times. In fact, they’ve been judgmental about everyone including me”.