CHAPTER 8

“The janitor’s my witness” Kylie stated immediately they were settled in the principals’ office.

     “My brother?” the principal asked.

     “Yes, Principal Alexandra”.

     “Call him then”.

     Kylie left. Many thoughts were jumbled up in her head, she knew very well that when Kylie said something she really meant it. ‘if it’s not her then who could be sending Mary those threatening messages’ She thought.

     “I can’t believe this; I have never
known you as a thief so why?” The principal ended her stream of consciousness.

     “Principal Alexandra, I swear I wasn’t doing anything wrong” She tried hard to explain.

     “Then can you explain yourself?”.

     “I was…”.

     There was a creak as the door swung open.

     “He was close by” Kylie said as she walked into the office with the janitor, explaining the reason for her fast appearance.

     “Did you see this young lady,” The principal pointed at Michelle “…some minutes ago?”.

     “Yes she was at locker #204” The janitor replied.

     “And Michelle if I can vividly remember your locker is #206” He said but cross-checked on the system for verification. “Yes, I’m correct” He said after confirmation. “You may return to class; I’ll send your parents a mail before the end of this week”. The principal concluded and they all left.

    When Michelle and Kylie got to their classroom, Kylie tapped her table and had a sneer on while Mary and Daniel searched Michelle’s eyes for answers to the hundred and one question they had.

     During break, Kylie sat with her minions on their ‘ordained section’.

     “I heard about what happened. How did you do it?” Mirabel one them asked excitedly.

     “I overheard Michelle, Mary and Daniel’s’ conversation in class so I knew they were up to something and it had to do with my phone. My suspicions grew when I saw michelle sneaking out of class. Well luck was on my side as always because I caught her at the right time and I also saw the janitor walking past and you know how very observant he is. I also increased my voice while talking to her to draw the principals’ attention, great right?”.

     “Yes, of course” All her 6 minions piped like they had rehearsed a script before saying anything.

     “That’s like utterly the best thing I’ve done this year” Kylie chattered and clapped her hands excitedly moving up and down the chair she sat on. “But I’m also suspecting that they’re up to more, like a plan or something to get rid of me. I don’t really know but trust me when I say that they can never kick me out, instead, I’ll kick them out one by one” she said giving out one her maniac laughs.

     On the other side of the canteen, Michelle held her phone in her hands and was about to text her friends in the chat group she created for herself, Daniel, Samantha, Mary and a long time ago, Kylie, when the schools’ head girl tapped her shoulders.

     “No use of phones during school hours, but if you want to use it you can do that coded in your locker and there would be no troubles”. The head girl said pushing up her box framed glasses and walked away with a cheerful and contagious smile and of course stacks of books in her arms, perhaps library returns.