CHAPTER 24

Outside the Assembly Hall Michelle met Samantha.

"I'm sure your head was getting bigger in there, right?' Michelle playfully asked.

"Yes, it was almost about to explode but I stopped it just in time" Samantha tagged along.

"So can you go to the cinema with me today?".

"I really need a nap to take a break from all the stress I've encountered recently, I've over stressed myself over the whole competition thing so I need to relax my brain. You know it's my first time right?".

"I understand, you know, I've also been a captain before. Anyways, will you be going to work at the park today?".

"I don't want to but I have to because I don't want to loose the only job I have for now but that will be after I've fully rested at home".

"Okay. I hope you're not forgetting my mum's café anniversary, it's just the day after tomorrow" Michelle could see that as the words rolled out of her mouth, something went wrong with Samantha, a kind of uneasiness.

"No, I didn't forget it's just that I'm not sure I can make it".

"Why?" Michelle asked, Samantha had never missed any of 'The Sip Café' anniversary.

"Do you remember Solomon, my Aunt's son?" Samantha asked.

"Yes I do. I remember when he was a baby".

"Good, so now he's a year old. His mum is bringing him along with her tomorrow and they'll be staying for a week. Well, let me get straight to the point. On the day after tomorrow, my mum and my Aunt have an important appointment so I would have to babysit Jack and Solomon".

"Oh no! I know you too well. You can't babysit one baby so what will you do with two!".

"Don't worry I can manage".

"...but you can just bring the both of them over to my mum's café and I can help you with the babysitting".

"Michelle you don't have to. Like I said before I can manage so no!".

"Fine! Fine!! So you're very busy for the week then?".

"Yes, look I'm so sorry. So are you still going to the cinema?".

"No" Michelle replied, "...not without a company. What's a cinema without friends?".

"I'm so sorry" Samantha sympathized.

"Sammy, it's not your fault. I understand the fact that you really need to rest and then Jack and Solomon! That is every reason to rest against a breakdown".

"Michelle thank you so much for understanding, I need to go now".

"Why are you suddenly in a hurry?".

"It's just that I need to get back to Chemistry class".

"I understand that recently you've preferred Kylie over me and I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time. You just have to say so and I'll get lost".

"It's not like that, it's just that..." Samantha rubbed the back of her neck.

"Don't make a decision you'll regret later in life" Michelle said and walked away. She hadn't wanted to talk to Samantha at first but she considered her shattering friendship more than any other thing, she could also perceive that so many things were going on but her bestie wasn't ready to spill.

'First, she's getting even skinnier each day. I know that she's always been skinny but these days she's looking so pale. And then, secondly, she's been acting all weird and secretive skillfully avoiding me. I'll get to the bottom off whatever is going on but right now, I'll keep my distance since she's slowly drifting away on purpose and I'm still not making any promises on trusting her again when she's come back to her right senses' Michelle thought as she walked to her class.

"Hey Michelle, I was looking for you" Rejoice said and dragged her into a classroom.

[The Japheth's Residence; Gold Avenue]

Michelle got home from School, she had a reminder from her phone to watch a new movie in the cinema, she even had her tickets ready. She muted her notifications and sighed.

"Not without Sammy, Mary or Danny".

She tried calling Mary but her phone was switched off and Samantha was at the back of her mind while Daniel preferred to be with the B squad. She felt lonely and anger slowly seeped through her veins.

"I don't need to always depend on people" She thought and put her phone in her pocket. She met her mum who was also about to leave the house.

"Where are you headed to young lady? Shouldn't you be busy with school work or trying to relax? Have you even freshened up? What were you thinking?" Her mother asked and felt her face.

"Mum! I'm fine okay, I just thought I could go to the cinema and you know chill out a little bit and by the way yes I've freshened up. Why are you acting all over-protective?".

Mrs. Freda looked at her with fear in her eyes. "I want you safe. Anyways, will you be going to the cinema with Samantha?".

"No, she's busy and persuading her isn't the best thing to do. I just want to let her be for now".

"Are you sure everything is alright, I mean, I hope you and Samantha aren't fighting, it's been a long time since that happened?".

"Everything is fine mum. You don't have to worry yourself".

"...then you're going with Daniel?" Her mum asked.

"No and mum before you ask it's not wit Mary".

"I know, I heard about their sudden relocation from a neighbor, you know I'm not friends with Mary's parents so that was my only source".

"It was all too sudden".

"I understand" Her mum comforted her.

"So are you also going somewhere?".

"Of course, I need to get to the café, the preparations against the anniversary party isn't going to supervise itself. I can drop you off at the cinema before I go".

"Mum! You don't need to. I can go on my own, besides you have like tons of work to get to".

"No, I'll drop you off first" Her mum protested.

"Why? Normally you let me go on my own".

"I insist. If you're really going to the cinema, then you'll let me drop you off and this isn't one of those times when I was careless. I'm trying to protect you" Her mum explained.

"I can take care of myself like I've always been doing. I thought you trusted me, don't you?" Michelle asked and gave a penetrating gaze her mum's way.

"I still Insist and I'm the one in charge, you can't push me or order me around. I'll drop you at the cinema and immediately you're done there stay inside and call me so I can pick you up, do you understand?".

"Yes mum" A sulking Michelle followed her mum to the car.

'Nobody would want to kidnap, hurt or harm me. Why is she acting so curious?' Michelle thought during the ride.

_________________________________________

A/N:

Hello,
I just want to thank you again for taking your time to read 'INTERTWINED'. It really means a lot to me.
I'm celebrating 300+ reads and for me it's mind blowing!
Anyways, I'm writing from Nigeria 🇳🇬 and I want to know where you're reading from.
Yes, you! Scrolling down. Come on, don't be a ghost reader because I would really love to know where you're reading from, you're that special.
If your reading this at the start of your day, have a good day.
If it's at night, have a good night and sweet dreams( don't forget to dream about INTERTWINED.
If today's your birthday, Happy Birthday!
If you're going through a bad time then know that someone truly and really loves you ❤ (JESUS).
Don't forget to vote.
Bye for now,
👋 👋 👋