CHAPTER 22

[The Starks Residence; White Avenue]

The house looked empty as the furniture's had been removed from their original habitat. Mary's favorite hanging chair was lieing in the van. Echoes could be made when a word was said and Mary made the most of it.

"I still can't believe we're leaving" Mary's voice echoed.

"Me too" Her mum said and gave her a bedside lamp. "Take this to the van and place it properly beside the chandelier at the back".

Mary dropped her phone on the kitchen island and left to follow her mum's instruction. After keeping the lamp in the van, the driver zoomed off, Mary's parents came out of the house and stood beside her. They all got into the car.

"He knows the way" Her dad said as if reading her mind and she nodded.

They had one last glance at their old house, no, the building that would soon be sold out or bought by another family so they could create new memories. This was the place where all their memories were created, where Mary was born, where Mr. Starks got a promotion, where Mrs. Starks finally got a job, where...it was their HOME.

Mr. Starks turned the car key and ignited the engine and in a second they zoomed off.

[Highway; Stallion city territorial boundary]

"Dad! Please turn back, I forgot my phone!".

"What do you mean by that? Where?" Her mum asked as her dad totally ignored her.

"On the kitchen island, please! I have the contact of everyone I've ever known in Stallion city. Please!" Mary pleaded.

"We can't turn back, we need to get there at an appointed t0ime and we're almost late, besides you're moving to a whole new life in another city far away from here" Her dad said nonchalantly.

"But I still need..."

"Mary stop it, I'll personally get you a new phone and number. Besides, don't you have your friends phone number written in a book?".

"No mum! I didn't because I never imagined something like this happening".

"We're moving away from here, AWAY FROM HERE" Her dad emphasized. "I was also offered a promotion so think about a better life".

"But my friends don't even know where we're moving to".

Her parents didn't give her the answer she expected, they didn't even look at her as silence hit the car again.

They had reached the border, the toll gate of Stallion city. She looked at a huge sign board that had the words, 'GOODBYE STALLION CITY' inscribed on it.

"Goodbye Michelle, you have been an amazing and true friend...and to you Sammy and Daniel. Even Kylie, I'll miss all your troubles and..." She waved slowly at the city behind her and looked forward, to a new life.

[Brain Stars High School; Gold Avenue]

School hours were over and everybody had left for their various houses by the time Mr. Paul returned with the students. They sang and shouted as they jumped down from the bus. Samantha held a trophy and the principal walked towards her.

"Last year, I saw the trophy in the hands of my students and I was more than excited, I asked and I was told that the school attained the second position so right now I hope I'm about to hear something different and good" The principal said to them with a smile. "Congratulations" He said and shook hands with all the students. "I watched the whole moment from Stallion Television(STV) News in my office".

The students were given refreshments but Michelle refused to eat hers because of what happened during the audition so while everyone had their focus elsewhere she threw hers in a nearby trashcan and clutched her stomach, she felt really hungry. The last time she ate something outside her mum's kitchen and cafe at the audition, she lost her voice there and then so to be on the safe side she didn't want yo eat anything.

Samantha stood few feet away so Michelle moved to meet her.

"Congratulations" Michelle said.

"Same to you" Samantha responded and looked uneasily at Michelle.

"Thank you. Did Mary tell you she was leaving?" Michelle asked.

"I don't understand".

"She's left Stallion city, her dad got a company order".

"Oh no!" Samantha exclaimed.

"Yes, that's what happened. So are you ready to go now?".

"Why are you in such a hurry?".

"I need to head to the café so I can have something in my stomach and in making sure things are okay, my parents said they had an important appointment. So are you ready to go?".

"I'm going somewhere else". Samantha stated plainly.

"Oh, that reminds me, I have tickets to watch a movie at the cinema tomorrow after school and don't worry! It's before you leave for work".

"Look, I can't meet up okay. Right now I have somewhere to be". Samantha said and walked away but she didn't notice Michelle behind her, Michelle was suspicious and needed to clear her doubts.

A car was parked outside the school compound and Samantha got into the car just as Michelle ran to it.

"What are you doing here?" Samantha asked looking surprised from the window.

"So you have to be with Kylie right? You prefer to be with her. Fine, fine. Just fine! And I won't be surprised when you'll come running back to me buried not giving any promises that when that time comes my hands would be open to you".

"Please excuse us. We. Don't. Have. Time. For. Old. Rags." Kylie said with clenched teeth and the window wound up as the car drove away.

Michelle understood what had just happened. 'Sammy chose Kylie over me. I think she's better off without me. She's going after money like the rest of Kylie's puppets but there's nothing I can do about it. I'll wait to see what the future holds for her actions' Michelle thought.

[Rosela Restaurant; Gold Avenue]

A woman was sitted in the Restaurant tapping her fingers slowly on the table in front of her making a rhythm. She picked up her bag and left the Restaurant with disappointment written all over her face.

Another woman, expensively dressed from head to toe walked into the restaurant with Mr. Mark and his wife, Mrs. Freda. They sat down and took a menu a waiter handed to them.

"I'll take my usuals" The woman declared with authority, of course she had to, she could be bossy if she wanted to because she was a well-known celebrity although, she knew her limits. She had a kind of kylie-aura but she wasn't rude or whatsoever, she had her heartless and ruthless moments that could even go beyond that of Kylie's but better still she had a big bag of pride she carried with her wherever she went to.

"I'll just take a bottled water" Mr. Mark said.

"I don't need anything" Mrs Freda handed the menu back to the waiter with a smile, he left and disappeared behind the counter.

Silence fell on the table.

_________________________________________

Thanks for reading
Please do not upload this story on any social media platform or websites without my permission and approval.
If you go against this it is plagiarism and  you would be held responsible for the consequences.
Also this story has only been published on Wattpad.
I come in peace ✌.
Don't forget to vote.