CHAPTER 7

[Road Side; White Avenue]
-
-
-
-
-
     The four friends were on their way to school on a Friday morning. Walking to school was a normal routine for them.

     “You’ve been kicking that bottle for ages now, just let it go” Mary pestered Daniel.

     “Well no one has said anything about it up until now”.

     “Guess what guys?” Samantha asked as she suddenly remembered something.

     “It was easy-peasy. I got his information from a database and then from this newspaper with criminal cases…”

     “…C zone” Mary completed.

     “Yes, that’s the one. And it said that in the year 2020, the guy, whose name is Scott Adams, was arrested and charged with a murder case but then his elder brother, Samuel Adams confessed to be the killer of his father and blah…blah…blah. The main point is that I’ve got his personal info”.

     “Really!” The trio chorused.

     “Yeah, Adieu to all our problems” Samantha stated enthusiastically. “Here,” giving the photo to Michelle “I wrote it at the back”.

     The others joined to look at it.

     “I know that address. Last summer while I worked at the pizza shop I delivered a lot of pizzas to this address so I ended up memorizing the address. They look descent and they live with their mum. I even had a once in a while chat with them for like a month but I stopped after the summer break. They’re really nice people, I’ll check on them today and in no time we’ll arrive at the truth”. Daniel said.

     “So you mean a hard core criminal who has been charged with a murder case is the one behind all of this! Oh my goodness, I’m not safe at all” Michelle shrieked.

     “Don’t you understand? He’s not like that”. Daniel said.

     “Then if you really know him why didn’t you recognize him from the first day we all saw the photo, you’re lying! Besides, don’t you know that you can’t just judge a book by its cover”. Mary accused.

     “Hey stop it okay! Why would I lie when I’m also trying to help, besides, this photo is a really improved version of how I knew him before now”.

     Mary looked at him with pure disbelief hanging over her face.

     “So what would a criminal want from a teenagers’ wardrobe?” Samantha asked.

     Just then Daniels phone had a notification.

     “Oh great, the network’s back after last nights’ storm” Daniel announced. “Mary?!” He called out.

     “What?” She asked.

     “Did you upload anything on your blog last night?” He asked.

     “No, remember when I told you guys that I had to take a pause cause of the…” Mary looked around and whispered “…the threat messages”.

     “Well, I think you’ve been hacked” Daniel said.

     “What do you mean by that? My page is secured by any means you can ever think of” She said and grabbed and grabbed Daniels phone so she could see before she believed.

   *Be careful, I told you not to tell*

     “I guess it’s coming from whoever has been threatening you” Samantha said.

     “And all my followers must have seen it” Mary said and shuddered.

     “It must be Kylie then, she’s in our school and you know very well that she has her ways”. Michelle contributed. “We need to think of a way to make Kylie confess that she’s the one behind the whole thing. I can’t believe that all this are happening now” She molded her hands into a fist.

     “And think of a way to catch the Scott guy and make him confess”. Samantha added.

[Brain Stars High School; Gold Avenue]

     Mary, Michelle and Daniel were sitted together in their classroom.

     “Okay! Operation ‘Do something bad to her phone’. We need to get to it”. Mary said.

     “Leave that to me, I know exactly what to do”. Michelle said and they returned to their various school desk.

     “I like how things are going” Daniel whispered and smoothened his collars.

     Michelle sneaked out of the classroom and went to Kylies locker. She scanned the hallway and after satisfying her curiosity that no one was around, she decided to press in the locker combination when she heard a voice behind her.

     “Aren’t you supposed to be in class?”.

     At first she thought it was the principal but when she turned around she saw his younger brother, the school’s janitor, how pathetic!

     “I need something from my locker” She said.

     “Okay, be sure to get to class quickly” He said and left.

     “Creepy janitor” She opened the locker and found kylies phone staring straight at her, she smiled at her accomplishment but she had to hurry. “I shoot and score-"

     “-but you never win, do you? Kylie pouted and walked over to michelle snatching the phone from her hands. Michelle gasped in shock. “Keep your filthy hands away from my things okay! And what are you doing here with my phone and whoa! You even unlocked my locker. How dare you and how did you figure out the combination?” Kylie shouted.

     “Great! You caught me. Fine. But I’m doing this to help a friend you’ve been threatening lately”.

     Kylie laughed for some seconds before she could say anything. “Me? I can’t stoop so low. Puh-lease”.

     “You’re doing it because she posted your worst humiliation on her blog and the whole world saw it”.

     “No way! Yes, I saw it but as I said before, I can’t stoop so low to do that. Do you get me? And I have other ways to revenge on you and your conceited clique. Just sit and watch the drama unfold” She shifted her weight on one leg and folded her arms. “You just wait and see”.

     Just then the principal walked into the scene.

     “What’s the matter? Aren’t you two supposed to be in class?”. The principal asked.

     “Principal Alexandra, I…” Michelle said cut midway by Kylie.

     “No, I’m not going to let you lie. Principal Alexandra,” Kylie turned to face him now. “I caught her opening my locker. She’s a thief cause how did she know my locker combination and worst still she tried to take my phone”.

     “This is serious miss Japheth. To my office the both of you”. The principal ordered.