CHAPTER 2

[Tenny's Event Hall; Gold Lake]
-
-
-
-
-
     Music blasted from the gigantic speakers implanted everywhere, everyone seemed to be having a good time.
       “Sammy! You made it, with Jack?” Mary asked.

     “Yes” Samantha said and looked at the trolley she was pushing around the event hall. “I guess I came very late”.

      “Very late,” Daniel who just joined them confirmed. “With Jack” he added.

      “Okay stop talking about Jack, let’s absorb the party” Samantha said.

     “I don’t think so cause pushing a trolley around here like that is giving people assumptions that you are far older than your age” Mary said.

      “How old on the scale of one to hundred?” Samantha asked.

     “Five hundred. Yes, that should be it” Mary replied.

     “So where’s Michelle?” Daniel asked scanning the crowd for her.

     “She didn’t feel like coming but she said it’s okay if we wanted to come” Samantha lied.

     “Do you know if she was invited?” Mary asked.

     “I don’t know” Samantha looked away and tightened her hands on the trolley.

     Kylie walked up to them in an expensive sweet sixteen dress too much make up along with two girls who wore mini frock gowns.

     “Wow, I’m so happy that you three could make it. I hope you’re not still mad at me” She said batting her false lashes furiously.

     “We’re still very mad at you, but we came here to have fun”. Mary said.

     “Can I borrow Sammy here for a minute” Kylie said handing the Styrofoam plate in Samantha’s hand to a nearby waiter and detaching her hands from the trolley. She took Samantha and the two girls to a balcony.

     “So… Sammy, how are you doing? I hope your journey here wasn’t stressful at all”.

     Samantha raised a brow to show a puzzled look as she didn’t understand what Kylie was talking about.

     “Meet Casandra and Stella. Casandra, Stella, meet Sammy. She’s my bestie the one I was talking about” The girls smiled at Samantha.

     “So Sammy they’re my fam over here in Stallion city”.

     Samantha decided to play along so she tried to hug them but they pushed her away.

     “We don’t hug” Stella said. Samantha then extended her hand for a handshake. “I don’t think we also give strangers a handshake”.

     Samantha kept her hands down and looked at Kylie feeling ashamed…
     “So they’re your fam, as in your siblings right?” She asked.

     Casandra and Stella busted into series of laughter and mocked Kylie.

     “No, by fam I meant my group of friends, we hang out together” Kylie explained trying to put herself together while the two girls excused themselves and walked out of the balcony still laughing.

     “Thank goodness!” Samantha said feeling relieved “I’m done with acting for you. Why are you doing this?”

     “Good question, first, I invited you and you didn’t turn it back. Second, those girls think I’m a total loser with no true friends and that is a fact. I mean, those girls that walk around with me are just no good. I need to be the head in everything but those two are making things very difficult for me so I want you to pretend like you’re my bestie. It’s not like it’s going to be forever anyways”.

     “I can’t do that! That is total betrayal of Michelle and I don’t want to make the same mistake you made”.

     “Don’t you get it? You just need to play along so I can avoid this humiliation from those girls. Don’t you remember how things were before Michelle came into our neighborhood”.

     “And then you left White Avenue to Diamond Avenue because your family became rich and don’t forget that you forgot about us, you left our chat group, you blocked our numbers, you became friends with only people of high class, you devalued us and avoided us like plagues, you said bad things about us to your new friends and you denied ever knowing us. I don’t know how you met those two girls but believe me when I say that I’m not playing along”.

     “…but we were friends”

     “Kylie I don’t want to!” Samantha said angrily “you know what? I’m leaving. I should’ve listened to Michelle in the first place”.

     “You don’t have to leave” Kylie ordered.

     “I need to go”.

     “STOP. If you want money, then you’ll get it” She snapped her fingers and a man in a turquoise blue tuxedo brought in an open briefcase filed with real notes stacked on each other. “I know you need it”.

     “You’re bribing me? Do you think I’m stupid” Samantha shouted and the music went off? Everyone turned their full attention on them now. “I am very loyal to my friends unlike you, you want me to trail after you in your very own dirt covered track. I won’t”.

     She walked towards the briefcase and grabbed it, then she threw it out of the balcony down to the ground. A commotion started outside as people struggled to catch the falling money.

     “Look down there, those are the people who really need the money. I know I do but…” She walked up to Daniel and Mary. “She’s good for nothing, let’s head out” She said pushing the trolley as they left the hall.

     “So how are you and your bestie getting along, uh?” Casandra asked.

     Kylie screamed and the party was cancelled by her parents…so hard to have a perfect sweet sixteen party.

[The Japheth Resident;White Avenue]

     Michelle had to clean up her room so she decided to start with the posters on the wall. There were two just above her bed headboard, one of Diane Joseph and the other of Bella Mandy. Diane Joseph was a celebrity actress and a model who lived in Diamond Avenue. She was Michelle’s favorite star and role model. Diane Joseph’s poster remained Michelle’s favorite even if it had been there for over 10 years and the one of Bella Mandy just a month. The poster was worn out but she didn’t feel like letting it go after waiting in a queue for 4 hours to get the celebrity’s signature on it.

     She looked around for a scissors but couldn’t find one so she used her hands to rip off the poster of Bella Mandy from the wall and threw it into a wastebin. With satisfaction she smiled feeling happy to wake up and see the face of her role model and she wished strongly to meet her personally.

     She sighed and took a towel and walked into the bathroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------A/N:

I hope you're enjoying the story.

What do you think about this chapter? Let me know in the comment section.

Don't forget to follow me for regular updates.

Clicking the star below is a good way to promote this story.

Thank you🙏🙏🙏.