CHAPTER 17

At another corner of the café Kylie and her girls sat on the largest table.

     “Michelle is a huge barrier and I need to get rid of her now or never. Where’s Stanley? Some body give me my phone now!” She barked and flipped her braids while opening her other palm. Mirabel quickly kept the phone on her open palm. Kylie quickly dialed Stanley’s number.

                   [On The Phone]

Kylie: Where are you now?

Stanley: At work?

Kylie: Well leave whatever trash you’re doing and get your butts at the sip café now!

Stanley: But I…

Kylie: No buts, I hate it. Get here before I replace you.

Stanley: I’m sorry. I’ll be on my way immediately.

                 [End of Phone Call]

              *10 minutes later*

     Stanley walked up to their table and took a seat.

     “We need to get going on the plan to humiliate Michelle on the second audition” Kylie began.

     “Why don’t we make her unable to go for the audition instead” Stanley suggested.

     “Well, I think that would be better. Right now I think my light bulb just glowed. Why don’t we do something bad to her voice” Kylie said.

     “No, isn’t she the one sitting over there…” Stanley pointed towards Michelle.

     “Never do that again! Yes, she’s the one!” Kylie scolded.

     “I can’t do that to a pretty soul, when you sent me to rip up all her clothes I never knew I was hurting a…”

     “Stanley you’ll do it”.

     “Kylie I’m not wicked or evil like you okay?”.

     “Oh no, you’ve got me all wrong. I’m not wicked or evil as you think, I’m only doing things for good luck to be on my side plus I’m sorry if I’ve hurt a lot if souks in the process. Now remember that anyone who has killed love within himself is capable of doing evil. You killed your inner love for mankind when you killed an innocent gardener” Kylie smirked.

     “Shush, the girls can hear. You know it was all a mistake” A panicking Stanley said.

     “Oh don’t worry about a thing, the police can never find out and as for the girls they talk only when I tell them to. For this new plan, I’ll be paying you triple the normal amount so be wise”.

     After some minutes of consideration, Stanley finally spoke out. “Fine! I accept it, when is the date”.

     “Now we’re talking, when I get the date I’ll send it to you”.

     “That’ll be okay by me” Stanley said.

     “Great, now you can get lost”.

     On his way out he mistakenly bumped into Michelle. “I’m sorry”. Michelle apologized while he tried to cover his face from her view.

     ‘If only she knew that I’m the one indirectly behind all her problems’ Stanley soliloquized as he walked home. Many thoughts ran through his head especially on what to do to Michelle. He felt really sorry but he was going to do it. He had to. He was mostly doing this for two good reasons, First, the video Kylie used in blackmailing him. Second, for the money she was always willing to pay.

        [Brain Stars High School; Gold Avenue]

     Principal Alexandra announced that the second audition would hold after the test week and two days after, the debate competition would follow.

     Kylie and her minions were on their way to an unknown destination (probably never the library) when they found Michelle leaving the Staffroom. Michelle on her own part tried to avoid the girls Kylie was in for trouble.

     “I know your greatest fear; you’re scared about me doing everything possible to get that position right. But you know what! You should get ready cause’ every disappointment is a blessing but wait, it doesn’t really bring blessings. Wait, at least I’m not like you, I don’t take advise from ladies behind the counter”.

     “How did you know?” Michelle flushed in surprise and embarrassment.

     “May be you didn’t notice one of my eyes behind you” Kylie said. Michelle angrily reached for Kylie’s hand but she immediately struggled free.

     “You should better stay away from me, stay away from my life! Cause’ you don’t want to really get on my nerve. Just stay away from me okay! Why do you hate me so much? Why?”.

     “Well you should be careful cause’ you have everything I want. I have all the money I want, all the cars, clothes, you just name it. But you, you have someone to call a true friend and that is everything. You have what it takes to have a good life, you have someone to talk to who understands you. You have someone to rust, to talk to…someone who understands you. What more do you think I want? You have a true friend unlike the puppets I have”. When Kylie was done the six girls behind her became angry and disgusted but there was nothing they could do as they benefited a lot from her.

     Michelle stood transfixed and watched as they walked majestically away from where she stood.

            *After the C.A week*

     Finally, it was the day for the second audition. It was a Saturday and the school compound looked rather empty for an audition although they had all arrived.

     The students who were qualified for the first auditions were given laminated I.D cards along with few teachers. Those without the I.D card were not given access to the school premises.

     It was about to hit 10 am for the start of the audition, Michelle walked to and fro the hallway most especially because this time she was the first person in the list. Being #1 was a big deal for her so she had to be ready for the unexpected. “The same way I’m number one on the list I also want to be number one on Diane Joseph’s list’ Michelle thought.

     She looked beside her and spotted Kylie elegantly dressed, she took one good look at her own clothes and panicked even more. ‘Any moment from now Diane Joseph would walk through that door’ Michelle thought because the security was getting even tighter.

     She noticed that Kylie was looking more calm than ever before, so relaxed like she had everything wrapped around her fingers.

     “Sorry to inform everyone hearing this right now but Diane joseph had a delay on her way here so we should give her at least thirty more minutes to get here. Thank you for understanding” Michelle heard through the intercom.