╔══•I•══╗

Peter's pov:
"Fuck you!" I yelled while slamming my door at Matthew, May's new boyfriend. He's my stepdad but I hate to think about him that way so I never call him that.
He aggressively tries to come into my room but I've locked the door and even put a chair under the doorknob so he can't come in. "You little shit!" he shouts from the other side of my door and punches into my door before he walks away.
Finally, it's over for now. I wipe the tears from under my eyes and cover the bruises he made on my face. I clean that one open wound on my mouth before putting some makeup on it. That's the only reason I have makeup in my room hidden in my drawer.
After I took care of everything I lay on my bed and put on my headphones to snap out of reality a little. A few minutes later May arrives home from work. I don't hear her coming home, I just realize she's home when she tries to come into my room and I see the doorknob move. At first, I get scared that it was Matthew but as soon as I take out my headphones I hear her cheerful voice. "Peter, dinner's ready! Why is your door locked?" I immediately open my door. "Sorry I was listening to music, I didn't hear you. I'll be down in a second." I say and hug May.

I go down to eat dinner. I see Matthew hugging May from the back and kissing her neck from the side. I'm disgusted. He always acts like he's the best person when May's home. We eat dinner and mostly May talk about what happened at work and Matthew talks about how much fun we had while she was at work. Of course, it's all lie. I don't say a word, I just keep eating. Each time they ask something I look up, smile, and answer something lie.
After dinner, I go up to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and I take my toothbrush. I lean over the toilet and push the end of my toothbrush down on my throat. I make myself throw up everything I just ate. I flush and clean the toilet and take gum into my mouth. I just stay there kneeling next to the toilet for a while, thinking. After a while, I get up and go into my room.
As it's getting late, overthinking hits more and more and it's getting too loud. I remember every word Matthew said to me. About how fat I am or how useless, weak, a shame, horrible person I am. I feel the tears sting in my eyes as they roll down my face.
I make sure everyone's asleep. Then I get up my suit and swing out of the window. It's not much patrol today. I help a drunk person to go home; find a lost kid and swing with him to his home. At least he enjoyed it. Now I'm sitting on top of a building, tall enough for me to see through the city. I love doing that. Just looking at the town from far up. It's so peaceful and comforting. After a time of nothing happening, I swing back to our apartment, climb in my window and call it a day.
I go to bed. I'm tired but I can't sleep. I stare at my ceiling for an hour before drifting to sleep.

[the next morning]

I wake up at 6:12 am, my alarm is going for a solid 12 minutes now. My head hurts like shit but I don't care now. It's like this every day. I skip breakfast with the excuse I'm running late and I go to school.
Flash bullies me as always. "Look who's here. Penis Parker!" he shouts. I try to ignore him but he keeps poking me. "You're not getting away that easy Parker. Look at me!" I finally turn around and look him in eyes. "Leave me alone Flash," I say and I turn back to walk to my math class. I suddenly feel a pull on my collar from the back and a kick on my knees. This makes me fall and drop my books on the floor. Flash and his friends laugh at me while I collect my stuff. I feel like everyone is laughing at me. I try to choke back my tears and walk into the bathroom as fast as I can. I drop my stuff down and lock myself into a cabin. I'm not sure if anyone else is in there so I cover my mouth to cry as silently as I can. I search in my pocket with my shaky hands for my blade. I finally find it and take everything out on myself. I sit there and watch the lines go red on my arm, it hurts but in a good way. And finally, it's quiet. Then I wipe off the blood when the bell rings and get into class a few minutes late.