╔══•XII•══╗

A few days later

Bucky's pov:
It's past noon and I decide to text Peter, asking how's he. Of course, he responds he's fine but I know that's not the truth. He still doesn't wanna tell me what's going on so I type, I'm going there to check on you then. And knowing he'll refuse me to do that if he reads my message, I turn off my phone and head to their apartment. I go inside his room through the window again. I see him standing in the middle of his room, looking anxious already. "Hey kid," I say. He's not facing me but before he turns around he puts his hoodie on his head. "Hi..." His face looks better like that but I know he doesn't show it for a reason. "What happened?"

Peter's pov:
"What happened?" Bucky asks. I know he's most likely to find out I have scars again and I'll have to show him. But I still try to hide it. I know taking off my hoodie and revealing some bruises will answer some questions for him and I know he probably knows that they're there so I do that. I slide down the fabric of my head, showing him some new bruises on my neck, eye, and cheeks. "He did all that again?" I nod. I'm so choked up, I don't want to talk and humiliate myself. Then I'm just looking at the ground. Overthinking in a second what he'd want to see next. I'm shaking, I have to sit down, or else I'm going to fall on the floor. He probably notices because he says "Hey hey. Come on sit down here." And he helps me to get to my bed and sit down. I notice I'm having a panic attack. Shit. He is not supposed to see me having one. I feel my lips and fingers get numb and everything goes black. I'm still conscious but I'll pass out real soon. I can't breathe and crying makes it even worse. Bucky says something but it's all muffled like I'm underwater. "I-I'll pass out Bucky" I struggle to say.

Bucky's pov:
"Kid, Pete. Look at me. It's okay, take deep breaths" I try to calm him down but he's like he doesn't even hear me. Then he says with a shaky small voice "I-I'll pass out Bucky." What? "Shit okay," I whisper. I lay him down on his bed so he won't hurt himself if he does pass out. He closes his eyes and then I know he's out. His panic slowly calms down and his breathing becomes more normal.

A few seconds later he wakes up. "I'm sorry," he says with a weak voice. "Shh no. You have nothing to be sorry about. Do you have any drinks up here in your room?" He nods and points at his backpack. I find his bottle and give it to him. "Okay slowwwly, sit up." I help him. Now I have some questions. "Peter. First of all. Do you have panic attacks often?" He's tensing up again but he nods. "Do you usually pass out like this?" "No." He tries to say. "It's okay, you don't have to talk, just shake your head yes or no." He nods okay. "When was the last time you ate then? Did you eat yesterday? The fainting might be because of that." He nods yes. "Okay, how are you feeling now? Better?" He nods again. "Do you feel like you could talk?" "Yea," he says. His voice is still not as steady as it used to be but it's fine. If he feels like he can talk then it's fine.

Peter's pov:
Bucky's asking me questions at the moment. I just woke up from a faint. "When was the last time you ate then? Did you eat yesterday? The fainting might be because of that." No, I didn't eat anything but I nod yes. "Okay, how are you feeling now? Better?" He asks and I nod. "Do you feel like you could talk?" "Yea," I say. I feel like it's not as good to talk for me but if he asked me to then I have to talk. "I really don't want to ask this but... do you have any other cuts or scars on you?" Bucky asks. "No. I don't" I lie. "So then it's okay if I am you to show me your arm right?" "Y-yeahh to-totally fine" I stutter. Bucky sighs and holds his hand out. He knows and I know he knows. He's looking at me, I feel him staring into my eyes, waiting for me to look at him. I finally make myself look at him, I want to keep eye contact with him now.

I feel how my throat tightens and tears gather in my eyes but I don't look away. I try to blink them away but eventually my eyes fill completely and the tears roll down on my face. "Peter..." he steps closer and wipes my tears. "Can you show me?" Bucky asks and then I break out. It's really bad, I don't want him to see it... it's even worse than last time. I cry while covering my face with my hands. "No no no no no..." I whisper repeatedly. "Pete, kid. Hey. Calm down okay? We don't want you fainting again. It's okay" Okay yes. I need to calm down. Deep breaths, deep breaths. After a while, I start calming down, and eventually, I'm getting back to normal. "So kid" Bucky starts "please. I really need to see." "I-it's really b-bad" "it's okay, I'm not mad" "Bucky..." I look at him, shaking my head no. I can't show him. He sighs and sits down on my bed. "I just want to help you okay? I don't want to do anything bad for you." He waits a few minutes if I say or do anything before he leaves. But I don't. He climbs out of the window and leaves.