╔══•II•══╗

Mathew's pov:
I hear the door open and close. I know it's that stupid kid again. May's not home at this time. I walk there and as I see his face, all I can say is "you look like such a loser". He doesn't reply. "Are you ignoring me again?" I yell. "Say something with that annoying voice of yours loser!" he ignores me this time again and anger takes hold of me. I grab him by his collar, pushing him to the wall. "I said say something." He doesn't say a word. "You little-

Peter's pov:
I'm pinned against the wall by Matthew again. I feel the tears perk in the side of my eyes and the next thing I know that my face is numb for a second and then it hurts like hell. He slapped me. I fall onto the floor as he lets my collar go. I don't stand up until he makes me to. "Come on Peter, you can do better than this," he says and punches me next to my right eye. I'm so done for today, I don't want this, I hate this. I grab a book next to me and throw it at him. "Shit" I hear him whisper. I look back and I see his nosebleed. "Fight me then!" he yells while wiping the blood off his nose.
He grabs me and starts hitting me in the face. "Fight me if you're that strong, asshole" and each time I don't answer he punches me. In the end, I'm crying and bleeding, begging him to stop. "Please just- just stop" I cry. He lets me go finally. I drop to my knees on the floor crying. He goes to the sink to wash off the nosebleed but when I stand up he grabs me by my arm. I flinch. "What was that Parker? Did you just flinch at an arm pull?" And he's pulling up my sleeve, revealing the kind of fresh scars I just made. "Oh our Peter just cuts himself!" he yells and then laughs. "Please don't tell anyone.." I say quietly. "Don't worry I won't. You don't deserve help." The next thing I feel is him slapping my arm so hard, that my wounds are opening again, bleeding badly. "If you ever tell this to anyone, more of this will happen" he threatens me.

He lets me go up to my room and cover everything up. The other bruises are there but they are not that noticeable thanks to my super healing. I'm cleaning my cuts now. They are still bleeding but I don't care. I deserved it. I just put in a clean sweatshirt and start to do my homework.

[time skip-next day]

I'm coming home from school, with fresh cuts again. I'm expecting the worst this time, compared to yesterday. I step into the house but I get surprised when Matthew doesn't come to hit me. I go to the kitchen and find May there pouring three cups of tea. "Hi sweetheart, we have a surprise for you! Come," she says and leads me to the living room. There's Tony in our living room. "Hey, Mr. Stark! Why are you here?" I asked trying to look surprised. Obviously, May and Matthew don't know I'm Spider-Man and I meet with Mr. Stark pretty often. "Hey, kid. I wanna get you to work with me. I need an assistant and you seem to be the right person. You'll stay at the avengers compound for a couple of days." he winks at me. I see the slight change on Matthew's face. "Go Pack your bags!" May says excitedly.
I go up to my room and pack some clothes and stuff. I open my drawer and just in case put some makeup away. I put away my toothbrush and as I open the cabinet, I see my blades shining. I hesitate but then I throw them into my bags. I go down excited, I can't believe I'm gonna be at the compound.

When we get inside the car and Tony sits inside he says "So you're probably wondering what was this."  I totally forgot that, about everything, I'm just excited to be at the compound. "Oh yea, sure" I wake up from excitement. "So there's a mission and we need you kid." They need me? I'm just a useless kid. Why would they need me?
But I don't say any of that. I just nod and look out the window.

We arrive at the compound. Tony shows me my room and tells me that the team is having dinner and I should get down to eat and get to know them. So I pack my stuff out and go down to the others. Everyone greets me and they talk with me. I don't really wanna eat but I force a little food into myself to blend in. I speak most of the time with Tony. I get along with Bucky too. I was always a little scared of him but it turned out he's such a good person to talk with.
At the end of dinner, Bucky tells me he needs to talk with me before I go to my room. I get some anxiety but I tell myself I'm just worrying too much about it. So I go with him and after everyone else went to their rooms he says "Are you okay Peter?" "Yes of course," I say without thinking. This answer is automatic for these questions now. "Okay then show me your arm," he says. Fuck.. I think. "There's nothing serious Bucky, don't worry" I try to avoid him. "I saw some blood on your sleeves, Peter. Show me" Shit it must've leaked.
I roll up my sleeves knowing I can't back out of this now. "Holy- Are those bruises as well?" I know I can't speak without bursting into tears so I just nod. "Who did this Peter? You can talk to us" "Just yesterday's patrol don't worry" I try to keep my voice as steady as I can. "Peter." He looks me in the eye trying to find the answer. I start to tear up and look at the ground as soon as I realize it. "Okay you don't have to tell me now but we'll have to talk about that soon okay?" Before he leaves I make sure he doesn't tell Mr. Stark. I can't make him worry.