╔══•XLIII•══╗

Peter's pov:
I get lost in the depth of that building. How far it is and how high I am at. I stare at the traffic moving under me. I just slightly hear the cars and I feel the cool air flowing in my face, drying my tears. My legs are shaking, actually my whole body is shaking and I feel that enormous pressure and tightness in my chest. "I'm sorry Bucky," I say. I think I'm ready. My thoughts constantly tell me to do it. To jump. To let go. To do it. But somehow I just can't. I'm scared, terrified. Not because of doing it, I'm ready to do it but because of what will happen after. I don't know what's after death and this scares me so much. But no! I'm ready. I'm doing this! Do it! Jump! Do it! You deserve it. Everything will be better! My thoughts are so loud that I don't even realize that Bucky is talking to me. I hear him somewhere in the back of my head but I can't focus on him. And with him talking and with the voices it's very loud. I just want it to be over. I cover my ears so at least Bucky's voice isn't there. But the voices in my head get louder. I close my eyes and step a little closer. I can't go much closer without falling now. I'm extremely tired and scared. And also extremely close to falling. I try to stop the crying and breathe evenly. Inhale deeply, but as I blow the air out, it comes out in shallow, tearful sobs. Now I hear Bucky too but sometimes I get lost in the voices. "Kid, please..." he's literally crying now. "I can't. I can't. I can't!" I yell while covering my ears again. But suddenly Bucky's voice with that sentence hits my ear.

Bucky's pov:
I feel like I'm not helping Peter, making him go closer to the edge. I have to tell him this even though no one knows but if this brings him back, I'll do it. Since it's just the two of us, it's easier. "Please come back, kid. I know what it's like- I've... I've been there. I really did." He looks up at me surprised. "W-what? You mean..." he asks shakily. "Yes. Yes, I mean...suicide," I say. I sigh, letting out the shaky air I was holding in. It happened so long ago that I didn't think it would be still so hard to talk about. He just stands there dismayed, not knowing what to say. I don't know if this made the situation worse or better but at least he doesn't do anything. After a moment he speaks up quietly. "Was it me?" he says as he looks down again. "No. God, Peter no!" I say, "It was way before I got to know you. I promise it wasn't you!" He stays silent for a while before answering, "Can you tell me what happened?" "I'd rather tell this story with you being here, next to me. Please, come back and I'll tell you then." "No... I won't. I... can't," he says cracking. I sigh, it's really the worst situation to tell him my suicide but I'm doing everything to get him back from the edge. "It was after I left HYDRA... when I became conscious of what I did. I killed a lot of people," I say, "I thought I should be dead because I just hurt everyone and do bad things. I um... I got onto a rooftop and took a bunch of pills..." I feel myself tear up, I can't cry now. I have to stay tough. "Steve found me... He tried to get me back but I didn't want to. Then I fainted and almost fell down when Steve caught me and saved me." I feel the tears roll down my cheeks. I don't wipe them, let them. I stay silent for a while, I have to get myself together again so I won't burst out crying. I thought it didn't stay in me so much. I thought I was over it, but I guess I wasn't. "Now I know that person wasn't me and I started to help people to make things right. And even though I was in a very dark place for a very long time and it still affects me to this day, I got through it. And you can too! And I'm here to help now like how Steve was there for me." He still stands there, not moving. "I... I'm sorry. I just... I can't," he breaks out crying, his sobs echoing through the building. I'm afraid I can't make him come back, no matter what I do. If he jumps, I'm way too far to catch him. I have to go closer. He's facing me but as he cries he covers her eyes so I quietly go closer to him so he won't notice. Not too close because I know that can force him to jump. I quickly take my phone out of my pocket, making sure Peter wouldn't see it. Me calling for help would definitely freak him out more. I have a message already typed in, ready to send to Steve. I prepared it for the worst. It shares my location and it says, 'Peter's here, help.' I push the send button and try to hold Peter back until he gets here. "Kid. Kid, look at me. Take a a deep breath. It's okay. It's gonna be okay," I try to calm him down. "No, it's not. It's not going to be okay. I'm not okay," he repeats himself. "This is the only way. I can't do it anymore," he cries. He turns around to look down again and I see him shut his eyes and lean forward. He's jumping down. "Peter! NO!" I shout after him. I run there, trying to catch him, but as I said I was way too far. I just hope Steve is here.