╔══•LVII•══╗

[time skip - a year later]

Peter's pov:
"Mr. Stark? Are you here? Where are you?" I say his name louder in the living room. "Have you seen him?" I ask Steve as I find him in the living room on his phone. He nods his head towards his lab. "Thanks," I say and hurry down to him. "Mr. Stark?" I call him out again. Then I see Mr. Stark, with dirty hands stepping in front of me. "I'm here Peter!" he says. I hurry to him with my phone in my hands. "Look!" I held my phone up, showing him my screen. "What is it?" he asks. I say happily, "I've been clean for a whole month!" "Oh, that's so great kid, I'm so proud," Mr. Stark says. I go and hug him. "Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you," I say. He hugs me tighter. "Have you told Bucky yet?" I shake my head. "You have to tell him, he's the one to thank, not me. Go on, go tell him," he says as he lets me go.

I happily run back up til I reach Bucky's door. I knock on it. "Bucky, open up! It's Peter!" I knock fast and loud, being impatient. Bucky opens the door with a worried expression. Now I realize I must've scared him with my excitement. He probably thought something was wrong. I hug him tightly before saying anything. "I'm sorry Bucky. I didn't wanna scare you. I was just excited," I explain myself quickly. I feel his body loosen up as I say this. I really made him think something bad happened. "And what made you so excited?" he asks. I take out my phone and show him my progress. "I'm one month clean of self-harm," I say, "I've never been clean for this long!" Bucky hugs me again. "I'm so proud of you," he whispers. At first, I don't know why he whispers but as I pull away I see his eyes shining. "Aw, don't cry," I say. He rubs his eyes and says, "It's just, there were times when I thought we'd never get here. When I thought we'd lose you and here we are, you being one month clean," he laughs as his eyes get glossier. "These are happy tears, Peter. I'm really happy for you." "And I'm really thankful," I say, "You're the reason I made it here. Really thank you." He smiles and hugs me, "I'm so proud of you," he says. I hugged back.

Later on that day when I was just sitting on my bed, I unintentionally started thinking about the past year. How far I've come and the path I've been through. It had been a long journey, with plenty of ups and downs. Even moments when I wanted to give up. One of the biggest turning points for me was when I met Bucky started helping me. I had never felt more seen and understood by someone before. He knew exactly how it felt to struggle with mental health issues, and he was always there to listen and offer advice. Even though he didn't always knew how to react or what to do he was my main reason to keep going at all times. Of course, there were still struggles and setbacks along the way. The road to recovery is never easy, and there were times when I felt overwhelmed and discouraged. But having Bucky and the whole team by my side, and knowing that I have help and support, made all the difference. It gave me the strength and courage to keep going, to keep fighting for my sobriety and for my own well-being.

Natasha's knocks on my door shook me out of that headspace. From that deep thinking and thoughts. I went to open the door and found her grinning and then hugging me. "Tony told me the good news about your milestone," she hugged me excitedly. "Come on. I have a surprise for you," she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the kitchen. Everyone was there and freshly made cookies and board games were waiting for me. It was a celebration for me. "We're so happy for you Peter," Steve came there and said. "Guys... you shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it," I said. "Don't say that kid. It's worth a little celebration. Let's play!" Bruce said. "What you wanna start with?" He asked offering me multiple choices of board games. Steve handed a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies on a plate to my hand. I grabbed one and but into it. "It's really good Steve. It's best when it's warm still," I said while chewing on a piece of cookie. It tasted just like May's cookies did. It made me feel a kind of warmness and made me feel home. Also a bit of sadness washed over me but it quickly disappeared as we started playing with monopoly. We played and laughed so much, all night. Celebrating my one month cleanness. It was reminding me of the night when I had to leave the compound after a mission. We played games that day as well. It was so good. I went to bed this day so tired but full of joy and hope for the next month. My goal was now to be one more month clean and then another and another and another. I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna get better now. I know I can get better and I know I will.