╔══•XXXII•══╗

Bucky's pov:
"Guys, it's Peter," Tony says as his phone starts to ring. I feel nervous, and I have a bad feeling. He picks it up and puts it on speaker so the team can hear it. "Hey, kid. Is everything okay?" For a few seconds, he doesn't say anything but you can hear him on the other side of the call struggling. "Can-can I talk to Bucky?" You can hear that it's pain in his voice and he's really struggling to talk and not cry. Tony gives the phone to me, I take it off of speaker mode so just I can hear him. "Pete, it's Bucky. What happened?" "Please just come here..." he says while crying now. "Okay, I'll be right there, I'm hurrying," I say and I hang up. "Guys, I have to go. But just me okay?" I take some bandages with me just in case he did something and I rush there as fast as I can. I run inside, I ask for the nurses and they take me to a room with a sign on it that says terminal illness. Shit, I'm pretty sure what happened now. I take a deep breath, I know what's in there. I open the door and go inside.

I see Peter kneeling next to May, there's no monitor beeping, no more infusion there, no more breathing mask. She's gone. I see the hospital chair tossed to the corner, upside down. Peter threw it there, he's upset. "Kid," I say so he would look at me. But he doesn't do anything, he just stays there next to May sobbing. I go there and kneel next to him. I talk again "Hey," I say as I put my hand on his shoulder. He finally lifts his head up and looks at me. His eyes are red from crying and he looks so weak. "It's okay, shh," I pull him into a hug and let him cry on me as hard as he wants. I've never heard him cry like this before, it's full of pain and helplessness and it's so damn loud. He never cries loud. "She's- she's dead," he says as he cries. "I know... I know," I say choked up. He grabs my shirt and squeezes it tightly as he cries harder. It's so hard for me to see him in so much pain. "Shh... just calm, down okay? Please Peter," I try to calm him because he's having a panic attack by now. "Just breathe, breathe. It's okay, she's okay now." "But I'm not, I'm not okay Bucky. I'm not..." he says while crying. "I'll never be okay. It's my fault," he whispers. "No. No, it's not. I know it feels like it, but no," I feel my throat tightening. I don't want to seem weak now, Peter needs me but it's so painful to see him and May like this. "Why? Why her?" Peter says with a breaking voice, trying to stop crying. "She had to go kid. Fate wanted it this way," I sniffle. "No, no she- No!" he says angrily. He stands up and just walks back and forth in the room, seemingly getting more upset. He covers his face as he repeats 'no' over and over again, crying more and more. He kicks into the chair in the corner. "Fuck!" he yells. "Pete, calm down. Calm down, it's okay." I go there to him and try to hug him but he pushes me away. "No, don't," he snaps at me. He stands next to May once more. "May? May please," he says with a breaking voice. "Wake up!!" he yells at her as he shakes her body. "Please..." He lets her go and breaks down in tears. I go there to him and hug him. He starts crying loud again. "I know- I know kid." I feel my eyes fill with tears. "It's okay," I say with my voice shaking. Peter realizes that I'm crying and he pulls me closer. "I'm sorry..." I whisper as I break and start to cry silently. I comfort him and he comforts me. We stay like that for a long time before he pulls away. He looks at me with teary eyes. "Thank you." I just smile at him and stand up. "Pete. We have to get going. The hospital is gonna close," I say while wiping my tears. "Okay..." he says while he takes a shaky breath. "Say goodbye." He hugs May as she just lays there unalive. I hear him whispering "I love you so much May, I hope you're better now. Tell Uncle Ben I miss him." He says that last sentence choked up. "I'll miss you so much..." He's sobbing on her body again. I'm tearing up too. I know how hard this will be for him. A nurse walks into the room and sees us. "Guys. We're closing." She looks at us so sad and sorry. "Thanks," I look at her. "Kiddo... Come on." But he doesn't move. I know he's not ready but we have to go. "Peter," I say as I go there to him to pull him away. "NO!" he yells. "I know but, we have to go. I'm sorry." He continues crying but is willing to come with me. On our way home, he calms down finally and stops crying.