╔══•XLVIII•══╗

Bruce's pov:
I'm in the med, taking care of Peter when he starts to slowly open his eyes. I look at him, surprised at what I'm seeing. But I'm also really happy he's waking up. This is good. "Hey kid, it's okay," I say as I see him sitting up. He rubs his eyes, looking confused and scared. "Peter. It's me, Bruce." "What happened?" he asks, "Where am I?" "You're in med, on the compound. And you're alive and fine." I see the shock and then the realization as he slowly remembers everything that had happened. He starts crying as he realizes that we saw everything. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he says as he buries his face in his palms."Hey, hey, Shh. It's okay. You're okay," I try to comfort him while checking if everything's alright after getting his consciousness back. "H-how?" I pause for a second, not knowing what he means. "How am I still here? I jumped," he says quietly. "Steve and Bucky saved you... somehow. I wasn't there and they're not talking about it either," I sigh. "Can you call Bucky here? I want to know the story because I don't remember anything after I started to fall." I nod. I asked Friday to get them here. "Of course, Bruce," Friday replies.

Peter's pov:
I'm mad. Mad at myself, angry with Bucky and Steve who saved me. I didn't want to be saved. I wanted to die. A few minutes later, I see Bucky walking into the med. He's happy once he sees me awake. But I'm not happy. I just want to know what happened and want to tell him that he shouldn't have saved me. He sits down next to me. "He wanted to know what happened," Bruce says. He nods. "Can Bruce stay?" Bucky asks. I think about it for a moment, looking at Bruce. He knows pretty much about this already but I don't really want him there. "You can say it, Peter. I can go. It's okay," he says as he sees me struggling. "Thank you," I say. We wait for him to go out of med and then Bucky starts, "Before anything else. How are you feeling?" "Fine, I guess. My arm hurts," I say. "That makes sense, considering you cut in there deep." I just nod.

"Okay, what do you want to know about it? How much do you remember?" "I remember you trying to talk me down and then I jump. But how did Steve get there?" Bucky sighs before taking his phone out of his pocket and giving it to me with a text on the screen. I was confused at first, thinking how would this answer my question but as soon as I read what was on the screen I understood. It has a message opened with Steve, saying 'Peter's here, help.' and the location of where we were. Steve didn't reply anything. But that's how he got there. "Uhm so... I didn't see him go there so I was just hoping he's somewhere there and he'll catch you. Because I was way too far from you to catch you." He pauses for a second. I see him sadden and I know he probably sees everything that happened in front of his eyes again. "I don't really know how, but he was down, under the building and caught you and saved you. You should ask him if you want to know more. Then we brought you here and Bruce took care of you," he says. We stay silent for a while. I want to cry and tell him how sorry I am but also I want to tell him how angry I am at them for saving me and also want to ignore them as much as possible so they won't know anything about me. So we just sit there. Then Bucky speaks up again. "So please come and tell me if you feel bad from now on, I'll also check on you daily to see how you're doing and if needed we're gonna get you a counselor." I just look at him emotionless. Then finally what I wanted to say comes out of my mouth, "You shouldn't have saved me," I say quietly. "Kid..." "No, I didn't want to be saved. I wanted to die. WHY DIDN'T YOU LEAVE ME THERE?" I raise my voice. "Peter, you know we couldn't do that..." he says calmly. I don't say anything this time. I want him to go away now and everyone to leave me alone. We sit in silence again. Then he says before going out of the room, "I'm here for you kid, talk to me please." And he leaves. 

Bruce comes back and keeps checking my health and everything. Then he says I need to stay there for a few more days because I need more treatment. And the worst part is that I can't even get a good cry out because he insists on staying and sleeping in med so I don't do anything with myself. So I wait until he falls asleep and then I cry all night silently. I'm so done, I don't want to do this anymore.