╔══•XXVIII•══╗

Peter's pov:
The next day I go to school again, Flash bullies me still. But I don't really care now, I bear with it, trying to ignore him. I ended up crying again and was late for class. Then I finally got out of school and decided to just wander in the city, I wanted to go and see May anyway. I have my headphones in my ears and I'm just walking in the cold November season. Then when it turns 3 pm and the visiting hours start, I head to the hospital to see May. I go into the department and ask for Mays room. Before I step inside I make sure I'm calm enough not to blast out crying, so I get ready for what I'm about to see next. I step inside and I find her, still how I left her. She's sleeping while a heart rate monitor is beeping next to her, infusion and other tubes hanging out of her. It's hard for me to look at her like this but that's why I'm here for. To look at her and be with her even if the situation makes me cry. I want to be there for her when she wakes up. I talk to her a little, believing that she hears what I've been saying. I tell her how much I miss her and wish she would wake up. I really try not to but I cry anyway. I sit there for a couple of hours. I'm worried about her. "I love you so much, you mean the world to me. Please, wake up," I beg her, at the edge of crying again. "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. I should've been there," I whisper this time, unable to talk anymore.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take a look at the screen, it's Mr. Stark. I wipe my tears and sniffle before I answer it. "Hello?" "Hey kid, where are you? I know that it's been way past when your school ended." "Ohh... I'm sorry I didn't call, I came to see May in the hospital." I feel my voice shake but I know he knows that if I'm there, I'm not good. "Okay, I just got a little worried but I'm glad you're okay," he sighs. "When are you coming home?" "I'll be home a few minutes later," I say as I hang up. I say goodbye to May, kissing her on the forehead. I swing home, still thinking about her. I almost even get hit by a car cause my mind is on different things. I arrive at the compound, I step inside and as I see no one in the hall, I go to find Mr. Stark. I check if he's in his lab but I don't find him there so I go to his room and knock on the door. "Who is it?" he asks from the other side. "Peter," I say. He immediately opens the door and lets me inside. "How's she?" "Not good... she still hasn't woken up," I say with my voice breaking. "Oh kid, come here." he hugs me as I cry silently. "I'll go with you tomorrow. It was our responsibility to make sure everyone's safe, that is the least I can do," he says while stroking my hair as my head is buried into his shoulder.

[next day - after school]

Mr. Stark told me he'll pick me up himself and then we'll go to May. Before I come out of the school Flash and his rude friends tell me such things as, you fat pig, go kys, everyone hates you. Then Flash pushed me out the door so when I stepped out I almost fell, and of course, Mr. Stark saw all that. Shit, he definitely did, he'll be mad at me for not telling him about them. I get in the car. "Hey, kid, who were those? Why did they mess with you?" "No one, it's not important." He crosses his eyebrows, "Are you sure? Do I need to deal with it, have a talk with them?" "No, it's fine. Please just go," I say nervously. He sighs and dives off.

Tony's pov:
We get to the hospital. I'm a little nervous actually because I have no clue what May's going to be like so I try to think of the worst possible thing and get ready to see that, just in case. I see May laying there unconscious, all bruised and with an oxygen mask. All hurt and barely alive. I think about that while searching for a parking lot around the hospital. We go inside and as a nurse leads us to her room I feel as I become nauseous. I know it's panic and fear. But I try to stay calm and hide it. Peter goes in front of me so he's the first that goes in and sees May. I go after him and get to see her. Sadly but it's exactly what I imagined before in the parking lot. "Hey May," Peter says as he sits next to her. "You look a little better today," he smiles. Better?! Oh my god what did this kid have to see. I think. "You can sit down Mr. Stark," Peter says but I just noticed I'm still standing in the doorway staring at her, shocked. "Y-yea sure," I say getting back to reality. I sit down too. I feel tears in my eyes as I keep looking at her and as I hear Peter talking to her even though she's unconscious. "Look May, Mr. Stark is here," he smiles at her. "Don't you want to wake up to that?" he asks, voice breaking. "Please May. I love you so much," he whispers. He cries and so do I. I feel as the tears in my eyes blob over my eyelid and they roll down on my cheeks. I look at the direction of Peter to see if he sees me cry. I know he shouldn't see me but I can't help it. I quickly wipe my tears but when I look up I see him looking at me, that means he saw me cry. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have cried," I say sniffling. "No, it's okay. I don't mind." I sigh. "It's just so hard... to see her like this," I say. "I know..." Peter says, as he looks at her.