Chapter 26

It's been exactly one week without any contact with Ross. Not even one single text message that he has sent me. I shouldn't be complaining, I know. I mean, this is what I wanted. But, I was hoping we could still be friends but obviously not. I kind of got the memo when Ross just left the other night without arguing.

I grabbed my purse and, my phone too as I ran downstairs and into the kitchen where my mom was at, "hi, mom. I'm heading over to Rydel's for a sleepover. Be back tomorrow in the morning."

My mom finished washing one of the plates and turned to face me, "umm, okay, sweetie," she smiled and kissed me on my cheek, "where's your bag with supplies for the sleepover?" she asked as she probably noticed I didn't have anything except for my purse and phone.

"I have clothes of mine over at Rydel's,"

My mom nodded and continued washing the plates, "have fun,"

I nodded and jogged towards the door but I stopped when my mom screamed
my name. I jogged back at the kitchen and looked at her a little concerned, "yes mom?"

She stayed quiet for a moment before speaking up, "have you been in touch with your father?" I could already tell she was heartbroken by mentioning my dad, if that's even legal to call him that.

"Mom..." I walked up to her, "I haven't heard anything about my dad since he told us the news. All I know is that they're still in town. I've been in touch with Stacey, though. She has invited me over to her house several of times but I always decline..."

My mom nodded, "okay... Sorry, Sam, for asking. I just- I just," I could hear that she wanted to cry again. No matter what my dad does, I know my mother would always love him. Yes, she has hatred for him for abandoning all of us and cheated on my mom for another woman but, she still loves him over all that bullshit he has done.

"It's okay, mom," I hugged her and caressed her hair, "everything is gonna be okay. As long as you're here with us. I love you, never forget, alright?"

My mom lifted up her head and looked at me, "thank you, Sam," she dried off a few tears that managed to escape from her eyes with her hand, "now go on. Rydel must be waiting for you,"

"I love you," I waved by at her as I walked backwards to the front door.

"I love you too, honey!" my mom waved bye at me too.

I got out of the house, enjoying the fresh breeze that hit my face. I sighed and enjoyed the air. It's been forever since I've actually went somewhere. I would always stay in my room and decline any suggestions with the social world. But, Rydel invited me over a sleepover and I thought, well I could always be up for it with my best friend.

After a couple minutes, I reached Rydel's house and I stopped, my hands immediately started to sweat and my heart started beating faster than usual. I'm nervous again. What if Ross is in the living room? It would make things 100x awkward.

I sighed and closed my eyes. Ignore him, move on, talk with Rydel, avoid eye contact and everything will turn out perfectly fine. I just need to do that.

I walked on the porch and with a shaking hand, I rang the doorbell. At that moment, I was praying that Ross wouldn't open the door.

With luck, Rydel had opened the door and gave me a tight hug after less than a second of seeing me standing in front of the door.

"Sam! Come on in," she opened the door wider, allowing me to enter. But, I guess I used up all my luck on Rydel opening the door because the first thing I saw in the living room was Stacey and Ross cuddled up on the couch. I'm not sure what I felt on that moment, but my chest feels heavy yet empty.

Stacey turned her head towards me and smiled. She got out of Ross' grip, catching him off guard and looking at Stacey for the reason she left his arms. But, Stacey just ran up to me with her arms wide, indicating me she wanted a hug. I stretched my arms and hugged her. Stacey and I are getting closer like sisters by day. And Rydel finally doesn't wanna lock her in her basement.

"Sam, are you here for the sleepover?" Stacey asked as she pulled away from the hug and flashed me a perfect smile. Everything about Stacey is perfect. No wonder Ross is going out with her.

"What else would I be doing here?" I made my 'duh' face, making both Rydel and Stacey laugh.

I looked behind Stacey to see Ross still sitting down on the couch, looking straight at me. But, once he saw me looking at him, he got up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen. Well, fuck you too.

I paid my full attention towards Stacey and Rydel, pitching in their plans for the sleepover and shaking off Ross from my thoughts.

•••

It was 9pm and Rydel, Stacey and I were currently sitting on the living room's floor. We were trying to decide which movie to watch; The Conjuring, Annabelle, Insidious: Chapter 2 or The Interview.

"Let's watch The Conjuring," Stacey suggested, pointing to the movie, "it's scary, I know, but I have Ross to keep me safe in his arms," she did a love sigh. I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Speak for yourself," Rydel argued, "I have no one to hug me during this movie."

"Rydel and I can be girlfriends and hug each other," I jokingly said.

"Yes!" Rydel immediately agreed and scooted closer to me, "Sam and I are girlfriends. You can have Ross,"

Stacey laughed and nodded, "okay. So, I'm gonna go get-" before she could even finish what she was about to say, Ross walked down the stairs with black skinny jeans, a white shirt and a black leather vest with his black and white high tops. My jaw was literally dropped to the floor, right down. God damn, he was on fucking fire.

He reached the end of the stairs and messed up his hair a little, making him 100x hotter.

Stacey got up with her eyes wide open, "Jesus Christ, Ross," she breathed out, "where are you going dressed up so... sexy?"

Ross chuckled at Stacey's question, "I'm just going out with some of my friends," he walked up to Stacey and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her very close to him, "don't worry, babe, you'll always be in my mind." After saying that, he leaned in and gave her a kiss on the lips and it looked like an intense one.

I rolled my eyes and looked away to look at Rydel. Rydel had a disgusted face but yet she managed to say a few jokes about them to me which made me feel a lot better. But, I know I should be happy that Ross has moved on but... I guess I was hoping that Ross would still fight for our beneficial friendship but it was nothing to him apparently.

After Stacey's and Ross' mini make-out, he finally walked out the door, ready to bang at least one teenage girl out there. I know him, he's gonna go to a bar or a strip club with his friends and then bang the girl. I don't know why he doesn't take Stacey and bang her since they're dating, unless Stacey doesn't wanna go that far and Ross is desperate...? Wait, why am I even caring about what Ross will do? Ugh, I get carried away in thoughts.

"So... The Interview?" Rydel held up the movie and awkwardly smiled.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

shoutouts;
1; lovindelly (she's part of mah squad 🌚 #sws)
2; @radicaladicar5
3; @Hayleybugggr5_
4; @Ross_Riker
5; _Maps_
Thank you guys for reading this book!

[ First five people to comment, get a shoutout ✨✨✨ ]

QOTC: did you guys get chapter 24?
AOTC; lmao idk i did publish it

ILY ALL SO MUCH I STAYED UP TILL 4am TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER OK FEEL THE LOVE LOL

xoxo, Ariana