Chapter 35

Ross-

I got out of the shower as I dried my hair with the towel. I was having such a stressful day that I felt like a nice hot shower will calm some nerves down for me.

When I walked out, I didn't hear any noise which was kind of rare since my house was never silent. Either everyone was busy with their electronics or they all ditched me to go to some fast food place. Wouldn't be the first time they did that.

I hung my towel around my neck and decided to walk into Rydel's room since it was the closest to me but to my surprise, it was an empty room with no Rydel inside it. Well that's even more weirder because Rydel's room is like her habitat. She never leaves unless it's an emergency. For example, if the house were on fire, if not, do NOT disturb her.

I examined her room and noticed her phone laying on her desk. She must've been on a rush to forget her phone since she never leaves that thing out of her hands.

I, being her brother, grabbed her phone and swiped to the right but of course, it had a passcode. Ugh, what is it? I tried her birth year but that wasn't it.

I then, tapped the numbers 1995 and it gave me access. I smirked to myself. I mean, of course it was my birth year.

My immediate reflex was to check her messages. I don't know why, I guess it's a habitat of mine to check messages first before doing anything else.

The name that popped out of all the messages was Sam's. I really didn't want to click on her name but my thumb thought otherwise. If it had a mind or thought process... What am I thinking?

The most recent messages were from last night when we had our triple date and I silently scoffed to myself. Nothing was fun about it. I didn't have fun with Stacey and I definitely didn't have fun seeing Sam and Riker have such a good time and act all deep in love and shit. And when Riker sang directly to Sam, it made me envy him. Sam picked him over me for a reason, which was what?

I decided to text her, pretending to be Rydel since I know she would stop texting me if she knew I was Ross.

R: Hey, girl! what u doing?

She texted back faster than I thought she would've.

S: went out for a quick jog at the park. you?

I was about to reply back but I heard some unusual sounds from downstairs which made me scared. I thought I was alone.

I frowned as I gently set down Rydel's phone on the desk. I carefully made my way down the stairs but stopped mid-way as soon as my eyes adjusted to what was in front of me.

Riker and a brunette girl were practically in the middle of a very heated make-out session and I knew exactly where it was headed to.

Riker picked her up and and twirled around with her and as he did so, I recognized who it was.

Savannah Latimer.

She was Riker's old best friend from high school. I thought they broke contact since I've never heard from her in a long time by Riker. Who knew these two had a thing. But it's sad, actually. Riker has Sam, a beautiful and lovable girl and he's throwing all of that away for her?

I clenched my jaw as anger slowly started to take over my mind. I wanted to storm down there, break them apart and scream at Riker for his bullshit that he's about to pull.

But, the other part of me didn't want to do that. It wanted Sam to see this for her own eyes.

And I agreed with it.