Chapter 36

I tossed and turned but everything on my bed seemed to bug me. Including the bed itself and it annoyed the heck outta me. The thought of Ross sabotaging Riker's and I's relationship really sickened me. Can't he let go of the fact that we're not beneficial friends anymore?

But of course, I wasn't sure if it was Ross. And I needed to know if it was him or else it would just bugged me the whole week and I wouldn't sleep comfortably.

I grabbed my phone from the small nightstand next to my bed and unlocked it. My thumb immediately went to iMessage. I never texted back any of the Lynch's, except for Rydel, of course, but I always had their numbers saved. Including Ross'.

It was 2 in the morning, but I didn't really care for that. All what my mind was focused on was to send him a text message.

S: I need to talk to you

Surprisingly, I got a text back in less than a minute.

R: Sam! haven't talked in a while

I silently scolded at his innocence. Is he really trying to be nice with me?

S: I had my reasons

S: We need to talk

R: Um, sure? What's it about?

S: This can't be done over text message. Can we meet up or something?

R: Um... tomorrow?

S: Not tomorrow. I have school

R: It's 2am, what you doing up anyways?

I rolled my eyes at his text message. I can't believe he's acting so innocent with me. But I kinda wish he was.

S: Can you meet me today? like right now?

R: Um sure... Where?

S: Park's that's close to my house

R: oh okay. Right now right?

S: yeah

R: Ok then. see ya there?

I didn't bother to even reply to the last text message. I got off my bed and quickly slipped on some converse shoes and a oversized sweatshirt. I left my pajama pants on since I knew I wasn't going to be gone long.

I quietly made my way downstairs and successfully left the house without waking anybody up.

I quickly ran towards the park and looked around my surroundings to see if Ross arrived sooner than me, but he didn't. I sighed and sat down on a bench nearby me.

I rubbed my arms for it was cold outside. Especially at two in the morning.

I heard footsteps behind me so I quickly got up and turned around to only face a tall blond with a beanie on and some gray sweatpants and sweater.

"Sam? What's wrong? What was so important that you needed to meet me at two in the morning?" his deep voice filled my ear drums and I found it soothing and I hated it.

"Ross," I breathed out, "tell me the truth, please. Don't lie because that would make me hate you more," I looked at him and saw his hazel eyes glowing in the moonlight, "did you set me up?"

"Set you up?" Ross asked confused, taking a few steps closer to me.

I sighed, "with Riker. Did you invite me over on Rydel's phone knowing that Riker was with someone else? Knowing that I would find them and more likely end my relationship with him?"