Chapter 19

"Oh, hey," Riker smiled nervously as he stroked his hair back to it's original place, covering part of his eye.

"Hello," I cleared my throat awkwardly as I started balancing myself forwards and backwards on my tip-toes. After that, it was all so freaking silent. I thought my ears were going to start bleeding because I can't hear anything... Maybe that's too carried away. But you get my point in how silent it is. Well, not that silent as you can say because you can still listen to everyone's voices downstairs, talking about Stacey and Ross, I guess. But all the way upstairs, their voices sound light.

"Sam," Riker finally broke the silence as he spoke my name. I quickly stopped balancing myself and payed full attention towards Riker, "Umm, I was meaning to tell you that I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't mean to make it look like I wanted to rape you. I actually-" Riker was cut off by a phone ringing and that phone was MY phone. Of course. Riker didn't spoke but stayed silent as I took out my phone from my pocket which was even MORE awkward then it was because I couldn't effing take my phone out from my pocket. Frack!

I chuckled as I FINALLY took it out and answered it quickly once I saw my brother's name appear on the screen, "Hello?"

"Sam, umm, go to the house right now and I'll meet ya there in less than 15 minutes. Okay?" my brother rapidly spoke into the phone and it was very hard to understand him but I managed to clear things out since we're twins.

"Okay, but-"

"Okay, great. See ya there! Bye." Brandon hung up before I could even open up my mouth. What's wrong him? I know, oh I just know, something's up.

I turned off my phone and tucked it back into my pocket, "Okay umm... I have to go to my house... We can talk about that later." I awkwardly smiled at Riker.

"Okay," Riker smiled back, "But, I was thinking that maybe I could walk you to your house." Riker suggested with weird hand gestures and I knew this took a lot of courage for Riker to ask me this and it would be rude for me to say no. Right?

"Sure..." I trailed off, "But, I have to go and tell Rydel. You know how she is. She'll freak out when she realizes that I'm not here." Riker started laughing out loud making me join him.

"Okay, go ahead. I'll wait for you here, I guess." Riker smiled at me but not one of those awkward smiles or weird smiles. It was a normal smile with a small dimple trying to form on his chin.

"Okay..." Is is just me or are we saying 'okay' too much?

I turned around and jogged towards Rydel's room and literally burst into there, "Rydel, I need to go."

Rydel jumped off her bed and ran up to me, "What!? No! You just got here and we need to talk about Ellington and me! Please don't leave me." Rydel looked into my eyes and God dammit, she was doing the puppy eyes.

"No, Rydel. I seriously need to leave. Brandon called and he sounded pretty serious so I need to leave," I told her, with a smile.

Rydel groaned and narrowed her eyes at me, "Fine. Only because Brandon was serious because I mean, that guy is NEVER serious." She started laughing and so did I because Brandon is rarely serious. Which is now concerning me because I didn't realize that.

"Right." I nodded and pointed at her, "So I have to go. I promise right after school tomorrow, I'll come straight to your house." I promised at her as she nodded proudly.

"You better," she smirked, "anyways, you want me to come with you?" Rydel asked as she sat on her bed, bending over as she started looking for her shoes already. Oh Jesus. Riker is already coming with me and if Rydel comes, it'll be ten times more awkward than it already is.