Chapter 11

Sam-

I heard a knock on the door, making me move to my side on my bed. Did I fall asleep?

I heard the knock again but someone spoke, "Sam? Are you there?" It's Brandon. Shit.

I quickly sat up and dried away any tears I had left. They all got dried up. I really, really, REALLY hope they weren't marked on my cheeks.

"Uh... Yeah. I'm in here." I looked at the window and realized I hadn't closed it yet. I quickly got up and closed the window.

"Can I come in?" Brandon asked.

"Uh..." I trailed off as I was straightening my hair and my clothes. Once I thought it was good enough, I spoke, "Yeah, sure."

Brandon opened the door and closed it behind him, "Why are you here?" Isn't that a stupid question?

"Umm... I live here?" I raised an eyebrow as if it was obvious. Did he get hit by a car when I was gone?

Brandon chuckled, "No, I mean, why are you home so early? I thought you were gonna stay there and come back until 5 or 6pm."

"What time is it now?" I walked up to my bed and sat on it as Brandon did too.

Brandon took out his phone from his pants pocket and turned it on, "12:05 pm." Then I probably came here like at 10 or 11. Woah.

"So?" Brandon raised both his eyebrows, waiting for me to explain to him why I came home early. I can't tell him what happened. I mean... He'll kill Riker. And Rocky. Come on, Sam. Make up something. A lie. An angel came to the Lynches house and dropped me here? Yeah... NO! Oh my God.

"I... Uh... I... Wanted to come home... Because the Lynches were going shopping and I didn't want to be a pain in the butt so you know, I came home." Sounds reasonable, right? SAY YES!

"Lie!" Brandon shouted and got up from my bed, "Rydel called me saying that you ran out of their house crying with no explanation."

Way to blow my lie, Rydel!

Great. Now I have to think of something to cover that up. A prank? Yeah, I could say that it was a prank to scare the hell out of Rydel...Brandon will buy it and Rydel will buy it too. She's soooo gullible. I can tell the girl that there's a crocodile in her room and she'll never go back inside her room again. Trust me, I've done that before.

"It was a prank." I got up from my bed too, "I was upstairs with Riker and he dared me to do a prank on Rydel to run away crying from their house." Yeah...

"Wait, woah." Brandon put his index finger in the air, "Isn't Riker a boy? What were you doing with him upstairs?" And here comes the overprotective Brandon we all know and hate.

"We were playing a game. Don't worry, we were'nt alone anyways." I waved my hand at him like it was no big deal which it isn't... Well... It actually was. I felt like Riker wanted to rape me back there. I got so scared. But Brandon doesn't need to know anything about this.

Brandon furrowed his eyebrows, "Are you sure?"

"I was there. I think I'm pretty sure." I raised both my eyebrows. Sometimes, Brandon can be so stupid and overptorevtive at the same time. I find it impossible but it's Brandon we're talking about anyways.

"I believe you." Brandon sighed, "So, it was all a prank? You were'nt crying for real? Riker didn't do anything to you, right?"

"It was all a prank. I wasn't crying for real and Riker didn't do anything to me." I cleared it all up and started praying that Brandon will get the hell out of my room. I wonder where my mom is.

"Okay." Brandon smiled, "So, I'll like... Are you hungry?" Brandon randomly asked.

Hmm... Am I hungry? Am I? Well... I haven't eaten a lot today. Did I have breakfast at the Lynches? I don't think so. Yes, I'm hungry. Very.

"Yeah, why?" I walked to my nightstand and grabbed my phone, turning it on.

"Cause I'm hungry and mom went to work already. Wanna go to Starbucks or McDonalds?" Brandon asked as he already started walking towards my bedrooms door.

"Starbucks!" I yelled, right as Brandon opened the door, I ran outside it and ran down the stairs. Now I'm all happy. Well, thank you, Brandon.

•••

Brandon parked in the parking lot (duh). I looked outside my window an my heart almost jumped off my chest. I saw a car parking in the parking lot and as they parked, 3 blondes and 3 brunettes got off the car and started making their way towards Starbucks. No, no, no, no. Why them? Why Starbucks? Riker looked normal, like if he didn't do anything wrong. Rydel looked worried and nervous. Ross... He looked... Sad? I couldn't really see his face. Rocky looked guilty. Yeah, he better feel guilty. Ellington looked normal. Like he did when he arrived at the Lynches house. Ryland looked disappointment yet happy.

I looked worried and mad. Now, what do I do?

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

So, my brother and dad keep telling me that the purge will happen where I live. Tomorrow at 8pm.

My brother said it's on the news. I never watch the news so I don't know if it's true or not. But... If I don't update in 3 weeks, it's because I'm dead.

I'm just kidding! But I'm dead serious about the purge happening in my city. I don't if it will or not. I'm scared.

But anywaaayyysss, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!

What do you think Sam will do? Go in Starbucks, ignore the Lynches+Ratliff or beg Brandon to go to another Starbucks.

Vote + comment! Thank you, loves!

xoxo, Ariana