Chapter 21

"Shit, shit, shit! What should I do?" I freaked, hoping Brandon was still on the line.

"Ok, calm down, Sam. I'm right outside, I'll go to the back door and come inside, alright?" he assured me through the phone.

"Ok, but hurry. I'm not facing him by myself," I said, before hanging up. I mean, I wasn't. Not now.

I went to the back door and waited for him impatiently, shifting from leg to leg. Eventually I saw him coming and I ran towards him.

"Brandon, what are we going to say? We haven't seen him in years, and last time we didn't even listen to him, we just walked off!" I said anxiously. My... "dad" tried once in explain why he had left us and my mom.

He frowned, "well, I guess this time we should listen to him, so we at least know why he abandoned us."

"Are you sure? I mean, mom isn't even home." If we were going to do this, we should have mom in here also. Doesn't that seem right?

"We might as well know. Mom will get here sooner or later."

I nodded and we went back inside, to let our father in. It felt weird saying that, since he'd never been in our lives before. I waited on the sofa while Brandon opened the door to let him in.

"Hello," I heard him stiffly say.

"Brandon! It's been so long since I saw you. Where's your sister?" he asked.

"She's inside," he replied in the same tone.

I saw them both come in, Brandon looking worried for me. But I was too busy staring at our father to notice him. He'd changed a lot since the last time we saw him. He looked more aged, obviously, but also looked exhausted, as if he hadn't got any sleep in the past few days.

"Sit down," I said, my voice coming out pitched.

I cleared my throat and tried again.

"Sorry, come and sit down," I repeated. Ughh. Why am I so nervous? It's just him. Not Luke Hemmings.

He smiled at me and sat down.

"So, I'm guessing you have a lot of questions for me, am I right?" he asked.

We both nodded, eager for some answers.

"Okay. So the reason I haven't been in your lives is because, when your mum was pregnant with the two of you, I... I cheated on her, and got another woman pregnant. So of course, after that, your mum wanted nothing to do with me anymore, which is understandable. For that reason, I left, thinking it would be better for all of us. I tried to come back a few years ago and explain everything to you, not wanting you to hate me, but you didn't want to listen to me. So, I've come back again, hoping this time you'll let me explain, which I've just done," he said.

Before I could say anything, Brandon interrupted.

"So, when you got that other woman pregnant, did she miscarry?" Brandon asked.

Our father winced, "uh, no. She had the baby, which was totally healthy, so you guys, uh, have a half sibling."

Excuse me while I BARF MY GUTS OUT! I had a half-sibling all this time without knowing?

My eyes widen open at my dad's words. I have a half sister? I never though about this. Never. Even though I should have. I mean our father left us. I should've know he wouldn't just be single forever and then just... go.

It was confusing. The thought of having a sister made me happy and angry at the same time. I was happy because I had a sister, a sister that could understand me so much better than Brandon does. But it got me angry because I didn't knew of this. I didn't knew I had a sister but mom probably did. Mom probably knew that we had another sister but she didn't told us. Why?

"A half s-sister?" Brandon asked stuttering.

"Yes." Dad replied slowly looking at both of us, probably looking for some kind of expression that would tell him how we feel right now, "I was hoping you two want to meet her."

"Meet her?" Brandon asked with a blank expression.

To be honest, I didn't have an idea of how to react either. I was happy, yes, but also angry. I don't if meeting her is a good idea. I mean, we've never met before. It could be awkward or end up badly.

"Yes, I though that-" dad started to talk but was interrupted by the front door.

"Mom?" I yelled and I wasn't sure if I wanted mom here or not.

"Yes, it's me sweetie," I heard mom answer.

I looked at Brandon and Brandon looked at me. We both needed to talk to mom about this. I took a last glance at dad, seeing him frozen in his spot, before getting up and following Brandon.

"Mom, we need to talk," Brandon said as we entered the kitchen where mom was with all her papers from work.

"What's going on?" Mom asked us looking between me and Brandon.

"Did you knew we had a half sister?" Brandon asked immediatly.

Mom's eyes widen and she looked shocked. But, at least for me, it didn't seem like she was shocked because we had a half sister but because we knew we had a half sister.

She knew. All this time she knew we had a half sister. She knew and she didn't told us. Why? Why didn't she told us?

"You knew," I whispered, my voice shaking. I felt my eyes getting watery but I quickly pushed them back. This... This is no reason to be crying.

"Margaret," Dad's voice sounded from behind us.

"Shane," Mom sighed looking at dad.

I saw dad nod from the corner of my eye while mom's eyes were in him all the time. She was glaring at him, like if he had did something really bad and mom wanted to 'kill' him. Dad just stood there, awkwardly looking at us.

I'm not going to lie, this moment was awkward. I could feel dad tense from where I was. He was under mom's glare and that wasn't good.

"I can't believe you didn't told us!" Brandon said, his face now holding an expression of anger.

"I-I didn't-I" Mom stuttered but not even she knew what to say. She just didn't wanted us to knew.

"Yes," I said making Brandon, mom and dad look at me.

"What?" Brandon asked frowning.

"Yes," I repeated "I'll meet her."

Dad smiled at me while mom looked shocked and Brandon looked like he was in deep thoughts

"I'll meet her too," Brandon spoke after a few seconds of silence, probably waiting for his reply which we just got.

Looks like we're going to meet our half-sister.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Hello! Sorry for not updating in what- 2 weeks? Well in this case, a REAL chapter.

So, this chapter was written by Devi & Lydia! AKA @D290101 & @LoverR5

If you liked this chapter, hit them up with a follow and read some of their books.

QOTC: favorite fetus song from any of your idols?

my answer: Pink Champagne by Ariana Grande 😭❤