Chapter 40

A month has passed and a lot of stuff happened.

Ross and I never spoke in that month. We didn't wave when we saw one another in the streets. We would just look at each other and look away the second we noticed who it was and ignore the fact that we saw each other.

Though, he looked very happy with Stacey. Both of them looked madly in love with one another and it made me smile. It bothered me, sure, but I was very happy with my half-sister's happiness.

Rydel and I keep in touch and are still the same best friends as always. She and Ellington have been together still and they seem joyful with one another's company. I'm convinced that they are soul mates.

As for Riker, I've talked to him and we made amends. It was all a misunderstanding and I understood Riker's point of view. That obviously didn't mean I forgave him. But, I took notice that him and I have been getting closer lately and I literally try so hard to not get close to him. I don't want to repeat history. But, I failed.

In the last month, I'm also glad to say that I've graduated high school. Bumpy roads to this destination but I made it. Now that I got this diploma, I had no idea what to do next. I wasn't sure I was cut out for college.

Of course, my mom being my mom, convinced me to fill out a college application. After a week of sending the application, I got an answer back. They've accepted me.

I was leaving for a college in New York. Meaning that I would have to leave everyone and everything here in California. It made me happy to leave, if I was being selfish. I mean, I would get a chance to start out fresh without any reminders of my mistakes. I would finally be someone who I've always wanted to be.

Today was the last day I would be in California. I decided to leave early so I could readjust in New York and get to know the place since I've never been there.

Riker decided to tag along with me, told me that he couldn't leave me all alone in such a big city. Besides, he was old enough to make his own decisions and he wanted to get out of his parent's house and start a life of his own. His parents agreed to it and left him be.

My mom being my mom, decided to throw me a goodbye party. It was a small party for only my family and the Lynches since they were practically the only friends in the neighborhood.

"Oh God, I will miss you." Stormie walked up to me, wrapping her soft arms around my neck, "You will be in good hands with Riker as you two go to college together."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Riker and me together? To college? I uh, he never mentioned anything about that..."

"Oh my gosh," Stormie gasped, "I forgot. He was planning to surprise you... Oh dear, I'm so sorry."

"No, no, don't be. I'm going to talk to him, excuse me for a minute." I gently smiled at her and went into the living room where everybody else was. At the moment, I was glad about the news that Stormie told me. Riker and I going to college together? It made me proud.

I saw Riker on the couch talking to Rydel. Besides them were Ross, Stacey, Rocky and Ryland. Of course, Ross and Stacey were in their own little world as they grabbed hands and tickled each other, laughing.

I ignored them and went straight towards Riker. As soon as he saw me, he smiled. "Hey, Sam. What's up?"

I couldn't help but smile back. "Hey, uh, can we talk for a minute?"

"Sure." Riker got up from the couch and I led him upstairs to my room where we could have a little more privacy.

I closed the door behind me, making sure it was locked so nobody could walk in and interrupt Riker and I.

"Sam, what's wrong?" I heard Riker ask, worry and concern in his voice.

I smiled big and ran up to him, smashing my lips on his as I wrapped my arms around his neck and jumped on him, making him wrap his arms around my waist to maintain the balance.

"Your mom told me," I separated my lips from his but kept them close, "that you're going to college with me. Why didn't you tell me?"

Riker chuckled and pressed my body closer to his, "it was supposed to be a surprise when we got to New York." he kissed me softly, "but I guess not."

I laughed and held his face in my hands, "I love you."

Riker exhaled and stared into my eyes as I stared into his green/hazel ones, "I love you too." he roughly kissed me and laid down on his back on my bed, making me lay on top of him.

My hands went under his shirt and I massaged his abs and chest and teasingly, I would play with the hem of his pants.

Riker roughly grabbed my breasts and moaned lightly into my ear, desperately wanting more from me. He was about to take off my shirt but I quickly stopped him. The thought of his family and mine downstairs wasn't really a major turn-on to have sex right now.

I kissed his neck and trailed it down to his shoulder, "slow down, Mr. Eager Pants. Wait till we're in New York and have our own apartment all to ourselves."

Riker moved a bit of my hair that was laying in front of my face and locked it behind my ear, "I guess we should go downstairs."

•••

Riker walked down the stairs ahead of me as I followed behind. Everyone was gathered in the living room and were talking about random stuff, like always. It made me smile to see everyone together like this. Even if it was just because I was going away.

"Hey," I turned around to see Ross, "can we talk?"

I honestly didn't feel like talking to Ross. Especially a day before I leave with Riker to New York. But, I mean, it was my last day here and maybe a little talk with Ross will let me relax to know that everything is settled.

"Um... sure." I took in a deep breath, "Let's take it outside, though." I pointed to the door, signaling him to open it which he willingly did.

After Ross was outside, I closed the door behind me and exhaled, "So, what do you want t-" before I could finish my question, Ross' hand cupped my cheeks and pulled me close to his face and kissed me.

///////////////////////////////////

Hello, my lovely readers! 

So, I really want to finish this book but I need ideas on how to end it! Can y'all help a friend out?

Oh, by the way...... WHO WOULD READ A FANFICTION ABOUT LUKE HEMMINGS IF I POSTED ONE??

i've been working on that book for like 3 months and have 12 chapters written so there will be no late updates or sloppy plot.

ALSO! WHO WOULD READ A FANCITION ABOUT DAMON SALVATORE (TVD)?? PLEASE TELL ME I HAVE SOME TVD FANS OUT THERE *crosses fingers*

I will release that book when I have 10 chapters written out (which i only have 5 at the moment) 

OKAY, THANK YOU FOR READING! LOVE U ALL!