Chapter 23

I kept staring at the house, trying to make sense of everything. Why would we be here, at the Lynches? Wait a minute... My dad wasn't trying to tell me that Rydel was my sister... Was he? The numbers wouldn't add up, unless he lied about when he cheated. No, that wouldn't be possible. Rydel looked like the rest of her family, there's no way she could be related to me, unless of course since Stormie was her mother and we had a joint father, she had taken her mothers looks.

But that would mean... In a weird way, Ross and I would kind of be related, right? I mean, his sister and I would have the same dad...

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts because all I was doing was confusing myself. I didn't understand why we were here, after all this time, didn't we deserve to know the truth? Why was my father putting it off? Right now, I wanted to be anywhere but here, I wanted to know who my sister was. I think Brandon saw my dilemma, and he spoke up.

"Sam, calm down. I don't know why we're here, but maybe the Lynches know her or something, maybe that's why we're here. They could have told her to come here so that we'd all feel more comfortable. Don't panic," he said comfortingly.

"How can I not? We have a half sister who we've never seen before, and we're about to meet! How are you so calm?!" I shrieked.

"Because freaking out isn't going to change that fact! So take a deep breath, calm yourself and relax, okay?" Brandon put both his hands on my shoulder and looked at me straight in my eyes. Sometimes, Brandon can be such a retard and sometimes be Einstein. I nodded, trying to do what he said and calmed myself.

"Let's go, kids," my 'dad' said as he opened up his door and got out and waited for us, I guess.

"Whatever happens in there, it won't affect our friendship, okay?" Brandon slowly took off his hands off my shoulders and waited for my response patiently.

But honestly, I didn't know if this won't affect our friendship. Maybe it would. He could like our step-sister more than me. Or maybe some other thing was gonna happen and I wasn't ready for it.

"Sam?" Brandon spoke probably because I took too long in responding.

"Yeah," I sighed, "it won't affect our friendship."

A smile creeped on Brandon's face, making me feel a little better because Brandon's smiles are always so cute, "good. Now let's go," he opened his door and got out. I scooted along the seats to go out the same door as Brandon got out.

When Brandon and I got out, my dad didn't say anything. He just coughed and started walking forwards, cleaning his clothes while walking.

Brandon and I glanced looks but didn't say anything. We remained silent and followed my dad behind him.

When we got to the front porch, we rang the doorbell and waited, while I tried to even out my breathing. Rydel opened the door and immediately enveloped me in her arms, hugging me. Probably not noticing my dad or brother who were right next to me.

"Thank God you're here, Stacey was doing my head in. All she's been doing is making out with Ross and... well, that's it. It's disgusting," she whispered into my ear while still in the hug.

I felt a slight pain in my chest as she talked about Ross with Stacey, but I had to let that go. I meant nothing to him except a source he could use when he was horny.

"But how come you're here now anyway? Not that I'm not glad to see you," she said out loud.

"We're here because I... I have a half sister and apparently she's here," I explained.

Rydel gave me a puzzled look, but then she looked behind me and noticed my brother and my dad. She didn't say anything but opened the door wider so that we could all walk in.

Right away, my eyes went directly to the couch where Stacey was sitting on Ross' lap and kissing his neck. Seriously? In the living room?

I immediately took my eyes off that horrible sight and searched for the others. Stormie and Mark weren't there, maybe in the kitchen. Riker and Rocky were sitting way far away from Stacey and Ross as they tried to watch the TV and not notice them making out. I bet they sent Ryland up his room or he's in the basement.

After Brandon and my father walked in after me, Rydel closed the door loud. I know she did that to get Stacey off of her brothers' lap. The view was vet disgusting. If this happened with Brandon, I'd probably puke on Bella's face.

Stacey and Ross heard the loud noise, they pulled away from the kiss and when Stacey saw my dad, she ran up to him, "daddy! You came!" She stretched out her arms and hugged my dad tightly.

My face could express my reaction at the moment. Stacey? Stacey is my step-sister? Why, why Stacey? Oh my God. No no no no no no. Stacey cannot be my step-sister. Holy shit. That means I've been going at my step-sister's back with her boyfriend. Why the fuck? Can life get any worse.

The worst part of all of it, is that my dad hugged her back with the same love she was giving him to her. I don't remember when was the last time my father and I hugged like that. Probably never. And I hate that.

I looked at Ross who had a guilty face and a confused face. I snickered at him and turned to look at Stacey and my dad.

"Oh hey, Sam," Stacey noticed me and smiled as she stood besides my dad, "why did you come back?" The way she asked it didn't sound rude at all.

I didn't answer her but looked at my dad. He looked back at me and cleared his throat, obviously getting my message that he should start talking, "Stacey, honey," he spoke softly, "Sam and Brandon are my other children. They are your step-sister and step-brother,"

"What?!" Stacey, Rydel and Ross screamed in unison.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

This chapter was again written by the awesome and beautiful Devi! 💁

I wrote the ending. 🌚🌚

okay umm... hmm... oh yeah. the question lol.

QOTC: do you think Ross and Sam will still be beneficial friends or are they gonna break up?

answer: i cannot answer this

xoxo, Ariana