Chapter 37

I hugged myself on my warm bed as the thoughts from last night rushed into my brain.

His soft, cold lips onto mine.

The way his and my lips moved in perfect rhythm.

How he caressed my cheek and deepened the kiss.

The way he would get our bodies together to the limit of no space between us.

And it was in that moment, that I knew I missed Ross.

Just him in general drives me crazy.

I'm not sure if I actually love him, but I know for damn sure that I missed kissing him, having him by my side and just... being together. Sex or no sex.

But on the other hand, I do miss Riker. He showed me love, importance and loyalty. Well, before he did what he did. Now, I have a path to choose.

Riker or Ross.

I turned around so I was lying on my stomach. The thoughts made me have a headache and feel a little dizzy. A teenage girl shouldn't be stressing over these things, honestly. I should be stressing over TV shows, and such. Not boys.

I sometimes wonder what life would be if Stacey hadn't crossed paths with Ross. Would him and I still be beneficial friends? Or, would we become something more serious? Or, would I still have dated Riker?

Thinking about Riker makes me miss him. The things he would say to me made me feel somewhat better and relaxed.

I just wish things would be easy and not hard. Life can be a bitch at times.

I looked at my phone and saw the time which was 6:50am. I lazily groaned from the idea of getting up from my cozy bed.

After my usual routine -- showering, brushing teethes, doing hair and changing clothes -- I went downstairs to meet my mom and Brandon eating cereal.

"Morning hun," my mom greeted me, "want some?" she pointed to the box of cereal that was on her right.

I wanted something to eat but I really wasn't in the mood to eat anything. So, I just shook my head.

"Ready to go?" Brandon asked as he slipped his backpack on his shoulders.

"When will I ever," I rolled my eyes as Brandon chuckled a little bit. I grabbed my backpack and off we went to school.

•••

School was boring as usual, nothing exciting happened whatsoever.

The only exciting thing from the whole day was the text I received from Rydel. It was an invitation to her house to hang out. At first, I debated. I mean, I wasn't ready to confront Riker and listen to his excuses. But the thought of seeing Ross again made me feel happy inside, which was the reason why my fingers typed "I'll come" and made me send it to Rydel.

The invitation was for after school because that way, Rydel and I would have a lot of time to catch up on the week that we lacked communication. I was looking forward to the afternoon because I wanted to know how Rydel and Ellington's relationship was going. Hopefully better than my love life.

I walked -- almost ran -- to the Lynches house. I still had textbooks with me so that was a struggle.

Once I reached their porch and was about to knock, I started doubting whether this was the right decision or not. Memories came at me like a tornado from the night before and seeing Riker all up on that girl. My eyes were stinging from the tears that were trying to break loose and slip out of my eyes.

But I decided that I shouldn't be like this. If Riker wants her, he can have her. I'm not stopping him. Although it'd hurt me, it was his decision. And I can't change that, no matter how much I want to.