Peter's first time in the city

Peter hurried through the dingy subway underground marked with signs that read "42nd Street - Times Square" and took the stairs up to street level. Upon reaching the top step, he paused to absorb the scene in front of him.

"Keep going, Peter," his Aunt May said. "You can't stop on the stairs. The commuters will run you over." At first, he thought she was joking, but as Peter watched men and women hustle by with their newspapers, umbrellas, and briefcases, he could see she was serious. The people here walked with a purpose.

Peter and his aunt took shelter under the overhang of a nearby building where he could soak in the scene, and he couldn't believe his eyes. There was so much to look at; glimmering neon lights, massive billboards, and towering buildings enveloped him from all sides. And the people! There were people everywhere. Yellow taxicabs whizzed by on a street, only Ned could describe this as organized chaos. Peter had seen nothing like this before.

Aunt May watched Peter take in the scene, smirking at his reaction. She had lived in New York City for five years now, and sometimes the enormity of Times Square still took her by surprise. After a few moments, she touched his arm and asked, "Well, what do you want to do first? Do you want to start at Delmar's with the best sandwiches in Queens I was telling you about?"

Peter, who was transfixed by the giant television screen on the face of a building across the street, slowly came back into focus. "Uh, yeah. I can't wait to see it," he replied, practically bursting with excitement. "Then can we go to the Museum? Oh, and then the playground you told me about. I want to see it all!"

Smiling, Aunt May reassured him, "We'll see it all before your parents come to pick you up. Don't you worry."

(This is a short story, it's about May bringing Peter to the big city for the first time)