A stab to the heart // Part 3

Violette69696969

heheh is short s

Peter continued to trudge along the void filled path, with Thanos.
It feels like it had been hours since he last saw his father figure, not that he would admit it to his mentor out loud either way. 
But Peter misses Tony dearly, yet he has no choice but to suffer. 
"Peter, come along now. We're nearly there." Thanos said.
Upon them was a vastly colored terrain, with the color of blue, dark blue, and black, wielding the night greatly with solemn. 
"How long do you reckon we have to walk to get there Mr. Thanos?" Peter asked, still wary about this grape man.
"Possibly 5 minutes away," Thanos laughed half-heartedly, though Peter noticed that the smile, did not reach his eyes.
"Well, let's go then!" Peter laughed, rushing his way to the front. 
They both continued to journey and true to Thanos's word, they finally arrived. 
It was a castle built with iron, it stood tall and proud, as bringing and giving as it looks.
Its appearance held greatly as foes ye mighty shall despair with a look. 
It stood greatly in contrast albeit to the dark starry sky, mixed with a glimmery sunshine sky. 
"Ah, Spider-man. I have been waiting for you!" A thousand voices echoed through the planes of this reality. 
Peter jumped a bit, albeit having spider senses, it did not help if he was dead Peter noted to himself. 
"Death, my love." Thanos smiled, walking his way to the castle doors.
Peter begrudgingly followed, still confused.
"Thanos," Lady Death said with sincerity,
"Death, I must ask if you could send this child back to the mortal plane. He doesn't belong here," Thanos said with care, noting Peter's shaky moves.
Peter eyed the place around, setting upon a woman covered in black, sitting on the throne.
"It appears that it isn't his time yet." Death whispered as thousands of voices parroted back.
Peter grimaces a smile, waving awkwardly at the woman on the throne.
The lady stood from her throne abruptly, as she disappeared onto the blowing wind of the void.
Peter looked around, still standing near Thanos.
"Where did she-" Peter started before getting cut off by a startled scream he might've accidentally let out.
The woman stood in front of him, showing a smile that bared sharp teeth. 
"Hello there lovely," The woman cooed, as she held her sharp nail on the bottom of Peter's neck. Forcing him to look up at her eyes entirely.
"H-hi?" Peter stuttered back, obviously confused and scared yet the same. 
Thanos stood to the side, giving a slight nod.
And the world suddenly melted.
The woman's eyes swirled with purple as Peter's mind fogged up graciously with purple swirls.
And so the world fell into the darkness, and he fell into an abyss devoid of color. 

Peter..

Peter..!

Peter!!

PETER!!!

PETER!!!!

Peter screamed as agony and pain filled his body.
Peter saw light as it shone brightly above him.
"rgh-b-bright.." Peter whimpered as he twisted his head to look away from it.
"Shit, kid...sorry about that," Tony whispered, dimming the lights so that Peter could see.
"Did you know how worried I was? Did you know how worried your aunt was? Jesus Christ Pete, never do that again." Tony said with pain and heart, meaning every word he said.
Peter laughed a little, as his heightened senses grew calmer at the moment.
"I-....I met Death.." Peter laughed, noting the expression his mentor wore.
"She was...beautiful." Peter smiled, as he struggled to move his body.
"Don't move, it will-..it's going to hurt you more," Tony said sternly, despite having a fond look in his eyes.
They both stayed in silence, it wasn't a tense silence nor a deathful silence, but it was a calm silence that Peter would often let grace his open arms.
"H-how long was I dead..?" Peter shakily said, tilting his head to look at his mentor, who was sitting on a chair next to his bed.
"It's been 15 days," Tony said,
"15 days?!" Peter screamed with question,
"It's been like- 15 hours for me-" Peter laughed with confusion.
Tony chuckled as the room fell into another comfortable silence.
"Hey kid, I've....I've been meaning to ask you something." Tony started as Peter hummed in acknowledgment.
"I saw cuts...on your wrist," Tony said quietly, and Peter's breath hitched.
Shit, he forgot about that,
"I just want to ask...why?" Tony asked, with a broken look in his eyes. 
"I-I..I just, well-" Peter stuttered,
"I just feel....like alone, you know?" Peter started as his mentor nodded, stating as if he ever felt it.
"It's just that, no matter how hard...I try. The people I love, they'll always end up dead... Like-like MJ, or-or Ned! It's just... I hate it!" Peter sobbed as tears were shed,
Tony stood up, walking to his son, his mentee. Hugging him tightly.
They both stayed like that, with Peter's choked sobs.
"It's alright Peter...I-...I might not be the best person to help you with this. But...I'm always there when you need help." Tony said with a soft and pitiful smile.
Peter slowly looked up into Tony's eyes, a small smile slowly graced his face, despite it being filled with despair.
And through the day, they stayed.
As they continued to love and contrast with the world around them.
It was truly a stab to Tony's heart, seeing Peter like this.
But they dwelled for the future,
and so they stayed, in a comfort-filled quiet, and Peter was filled with grace and peace.
Sure, it wasn't all well, it wasn't even close to well.
They haven't even discovered who had killed Peter in the first place.
 But yet, here they were.
Absorbing the comfort they could get,
and so once again, Peter smiled.
It was all fine