Chapter 2

Lila POV

As soon as I finish telling him my story, I found a sense of relief. I finally could share my story without worrying about repercussions. Turns out Alpha Tomas is an excellent listener. He made me feel so at peace.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that. What about your parents? Have you talked to them? He asks

"No. We're too far apart to mindlink," I say.

"They have a phone?" he asks.

"They do but I don't remember their number. I left my own phone behind so no one could track my whereabouts," I say, feeling foolish. I should have written down their numbers.

"You want me to send somebody up there to check on them?" He asks.

"You would do that for me?" I ask, surprised.

"For a price," he says.

"Anything."

"Join my pack," he says with a grin.

"Deal," I say, returning his grin.

"Do you want to do the ceremony right now?" He asks.

"I guess," I say.

"Repeat after me. I, state your name, pledge my allegiance to Alpha Tomas Diaz and the Silver Moon Pack."

I repeat what he said. "That was really easy."

He bites his wrist and holds it out to me. "It's a blood oath. The penalty for betrayal is death."

Killian POV

I landed about thirty minutes later and was picked up by my father. He looked aged beyond his years. I wonder if it was the stress of my mate leaving. He can't take all the blame for it. Her parents misinterpreted the situation too.

"So tell me. What you have done to find my mate? I ask.

"We got a picture from her parents and sent it out to all the southern packs asking if they saw her. They were told to contact us if they do. So far we haven't gotten any responses. We sent some scouts out to see if we could track her movements. Her parent's car was found abandoned at a gas station in Illinois," he says.

I can't stop feeling a little helpless despite all my father has done to find her. I should have introduced myself before I left. This never would have happened if I had. I realize I have stopped listening to my father.

"From there she could be anywhere. There's an international airport not far from there but no one there had seen her. She was spotted at the dealership near that gas station four days ago. Apparently, she's driving a gray 2012 Toyota Camry. The license plate number was on file. We placed a bolo on her vehicle. We hope to hear something soon," he says, squeezing my shoulder.

"I'm going to take a drive to the dealership. That's the last known place she's been spotted. Maybe I can get a feel for her there," I say.

"You linked to her will not be strong because you aren't mated," he says.

"I know that, Dad, but it's the best we got right now. I need to find her," I say, looking out the window.

"There's one more thing. Her link was suffered with the pack yesterday. We think she may have joined another pack," he says.

"She did what?! Well this really complicates things, doesn't it? If she's joined another pack there's no way they'll turn her over to us," I say fuming.

"We don't know that son. We have to keep a level head here. We will find her. We're here now go say hello to your mother."

Lila POV