Chapter 4

Killian POV

We had a pleasant conversation while I drove until Lila fell asleep. Now I'm looking for a hotel for the night. My Beta mindlinks me that there's a hotel at the next exit so we pull off the highway and make our way to it.

Now I'm thinking I should have introduced Lila to my Beta. I guess I can in the morning. I got a room with two queen sized beds and carried my mate to our room.

I place her on the bed by the window so she will have to pass me to leave. I take off her shoes and put her under the blankets. I take off my shirt and shoes then lie on my bed waiting for sleep.

I woke up when she banged into my bed. I didn't realize I fell asleep. She was trying to tiptoe around my bed but bumped me in the dark.

"Where are you going," I whisper.

"To the bathroom," she says.

I flip on the light so she can see better. She says thank you before locking the bathroom door. I can hear her go and wash her hands before she returns to bed. I turn out the lights and close my eyes again.

"Sweet dreams," I say as I hear her breathing even out. She doesn't say anything.

The next time I wake up, the sun is out. She's sitting on her bed watching me sleep. I tug on my t-shirt and put my shoes back on.

"I do have sweat pants and t-shirts that should fit you if you want to change," she says.

"I'm alright. Would you like me to get some clothes for you?" I ask.

"That's not necessary. I will change the next time we stop," she says.

"You want to go down for some breakfast?" I ask her.

"Breakfast sounds good," she says getting off the bed.

I threw some cash on the table before we left the room. We made our way down to where breakfast was served. She got the buffet while I ordered eggs benedict.

When my Beta came down, I decided to introduce them. "Lila, this is my Beta, Gregory Waverly."

"You can call me Greg," he says. They shook hands. "Looks like we have two more days on the road, three if we keep our same pace."

"I think we can speed things up. What do you think, Lila?" I ask.

She looks like a deer in headlights. She looks at me shyly and says, "I'm just along for the ride. I don't want to make decisions."

"In that case, let's push it. I want to get home as soon as possible," I say before finishing the last of my breakfast.

I go to get another cup of coffee. I look back to see Lila and Greg in conversation. I decide to take my time so they can chat.

I go over to my fighters and check in with them. They were all excited to get back home too. I tell everyone to wrap it up saying we leave in ten minutes.

I went to the car to check the tires and oil, etc.
It's not a bad car but she's going to need something a little more reliable.

As I finished looking at the car, everyone began coming out. We went to a nearby gas station to fill up. I grabbed coffee and road snacks. Since Lila only got water, I grabbed some extra in case she got hungry. Just like that we were on the road again. Isn't that a song?

Lila POV

I turned on the radio just for some background noise. I keep sneaking looks at him while he drove. He was quite handsome but I wanted more than a pretty face, tight abs and a muscular back.