Chapter 24

Killian POV

Tomas stood up and took off his clothes. Benjamin looked so uncomfortable but he needs to learn. Tomas shifted and Benjamin jumped out of his chair.

Tomas walked over to him and let out a wolfy laugh. He then walked back to his seat and shifted back. My mate averted her gaze for which I was grateful.

"How many of you can do that?" Benjamin asks.

"All but you, though our mates can't because they're pregnant," I say.

"Why are you giving away everything to him? He's not family. He's not in our pack. He means nothing," my mother shouted.

"You need to calm down or I will ask you to leave," I say.

"Don't talk to your mother like that," my father says.

"You can leave too. If you can't be respectful and supportive of your daughter then you will not be welcome in my pack house," I say.

They both quieted down. "Now Benjamin, can you see yourself dealing with this?" I ask.

"I don't know what this is," he says.

"We're werewolves, plain and simple. Your children will be werewolves. You will be the only human on my pack lands," I say.

He looks at Joey and his face softens. I can see that he loves her quite a bit but it's a lot to take in.

"I want to marry your sister. I can deal with anything for her," he says.

"Great. Next you have to decide where you'll be living, in the pack house or a house on pack lands. I suggest you choose a place close to the school we're building. We can build you a house if none suit you," I say.

"This is all rather fast," Benjamin says.

"You have met your mate as in soulmate. Someone created just for you. What is there to wait for?" I ask.

"When you put it like that, it makes sense. I guess we'll look at houses," he says.

"Great. Now let's eat," I say. They made my favorite. I look over to see my mate remembers how I like it.

My Mom stood up in the middle of dinner and hugged Joey. She told her that she loves her and would love her children. She remains reserved about Benjamin, but it's progress.

After dinner I am ready for bed. My mate looks just how I feel. I carry her up to bed and lay her down. I help her change into a nightgown then take my clothes off.

The next day, I show Benjamin the blueprints for the school I am building. He makes small changes and I give the ok to start construction.

I took him and Joey out to where the school is going then we looked at nearby houses. They picked a modern four bedroom house right near the school.

I only have four days left until my fight. I felt like I haven't trained enough. I got all of my off duty warriors and challenged them to a fight. Even though I won, I'm pretty sure I cracked some ribs plus I had a few gashes on my body.

Lila was on fire for me when I got home but I wasn't up for it. She was disappointed but took a nap with me.

When I woke up, we headed to Greg's with two bottles of whiskey.

"You guys are going to drink two bottles of whiskey?" Lila asks.

"Actually, these are mine," I say. "It takes a lot to get buzzed."
.
"Don't you mean fall down drunk?" She asks.

"I haven't been fall down drunk in years. Not since I was a teenager," I say. "You are in for a treat."

"I can't wait," she says sarcastically.