Chapter 11

Lila POV

"No you're not," my mom says. "I can always tell when you lie."

I look at Killian and he's catching flies. "Oh close your mouth," I snap. "I'm not pregnant. I could've been though."

Killian looks so relieved I start to feel bad. Maybe he doesn't want kids with me. He said he would be fine if I wound up pregnant yet here he is looking like he's going to be sick.

"Is there cinnamon in this?" He asks.

"A little bit in the sauce. Why?" My Mom asks.

"I'm allergic," he says. "Bathroom?"

I jumped up and showed him. I could hear him vomiting.

My Mom went to the door and knocked. "I'm so sorry, dear. I had no idea."

"It's alright. I should have said something," he says.

He flushes, washes up and comes out of the bathroom. "Salad it is," he says.

The poisoning of my mate sort of puts things in perspective. My Mom tried for years to have another kid with nothing but miscarriages. I would be devastated if this ends the same way and I gave her so much shit.

I got up and gave my mother a hug. "Congratulations," I say. "I can't wait to meet my brother or sister."

I then gave my dad a hug and kiss. I sat down and pushed away my lasagna and serve myself more salad.

The rest of dinner was spent with polite conversation. My parents really seem to like Killian which makes me very happy. I don't know what I would do if they didn't get along.

On the way home it hit me. My son was going to be Alpha. All of that responsibility is going to be shouldered by my sweet baby. Maybe I could wait to have one.

"Killian. Do you think I should go on the pill?" I ask.

"If you want to," he says.

"I'm serious. I want your opinion on this," I say, getting annoyed.

"Then yes. I think you should go on the pill or whatever birth control works best," he says. "Then we won't have to use condoms."

We get to the room and I wash my mouth out really well. I didn't want any cinnamon in there when I kissed my mate.

He was laying in bed in just his boxers. I had to go purchase some lingerie when I got my dress. I have nothing sexy to put on.

I went over to the bed and straddled him. I bent down to kiss him but he turned his head. "No kissing tonight," he says. "I think we should just go to sleep."

I slid off of him feeling rejected. He pulls me close to him and kisses my neck. "Sorry, precious. I just don't feel well. I'll probably be in the bathroom all night."

Killian POV

Tomas stayed for more than two weeks, much to my chagrin. I set him up in a guest room but I could hear him sneaking into Catherine's room every night. Lila says to ignore it but this guy really rubs me the wrong way.

"You say you didn't sleep with him but what did you do?" I ask.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" She asks.

"Yes. I want to know how pissed off I should be. This guy was with my mate and now my sister," I point out.

"Other than kissing, we used our hands and our mouths on each other," she says and I immediately regret asking.

"So you did have sex with him!" I shout.

"Keep your voice down. I did not," she says.

"Oral sex is sex Lila," I say. "You saw his penis and exchanged fluids."