Chapter 32

Ronan POV

I wasn't used to having so many people care about me. Maybe they were right and I needed someone to talk to, but who? My mate is easy to talk to but I don't want her to have to deal with my darkness. I know she would, but I just didn't trust myself.

Even though my wolf was placated, I didn't know how he would react if I started talking about the past when he was helpless to save me from that monster.

I signed up for therapy with the pack's therapist. My appointment is on Tuesday.
Tonight I was going drinking with Killian and Greg.

That got me thinking. I could use my own Beta. The problem being, I didn't have anyone I trusted enough for the position. I knew people who could get things done, but they needed something more to be a Beta.
I guess I could start conducting interviews. See how that goes.

Before I could even get anything started, Tomas announced over dinner that he was giving up his pack. Beta Jackson was being promoted to Alpha and he was just going to lay low.

I took a chance and asked him if he would be interested in becoming my Beta. He seemed thrilled about the opportunity.

"I wasn't sure what I was going to do with myself. Thank you so much," Tomas says.

"No problem. Glad I could find someone I could trust," I say. " Why don't you come drinking with us tonight?"

"I'm in," he says.

After dinner, we met Killian by the bar in the recreation room. He took one look at Tomas and balked.

"What is he doing here?" He asked.

"He's coming with us. He's my Beta," I say.

"Are you sure you want this guy," Killian asks.

"Why wouldn't I," I asked.

"Because he was involved with Lila," he says.

"You really need to get over that," Tomas says. "You have a whole person you have to share her with."

"That's different. He's my twin," Killian says.

"Let's just go. Tomas is not a threat. He's with Catherine."

"Don't remind me," Killian says.

We each grabbed the bottles we were going to drink then walked to Greg's house. When we arrived, Susie answered the door. She rolled her eyes but let us in.

"How are you doing tonight, Susie?" I ask.

"I was doing great before you guys showed up," Susie says.

"But you knew we were coming, didn't you?" I ask.

"Of course I knew. Do you really think that my mate would invite people over without telling me?" She asks.

"No, that's not what I meant. You open your door and you roll your eyes is all." I say.

"Don't take offense to that. She does it every time. Even when it's just me. We might get a little rowdy when we drink, but you don't mind do you Susie? Killian asks.

"I don't mind so long as your mate comes and gets you at the end of the night. Now I got three I gotta get rid of. How is Lila?"

"She's great. She has about two more months and then she'll give birth to our child," I say.

Do you know what you're having yet?" She asks.

"It's a girl," I say. "Lydia Marie."

That's beautiful. Are we going to have two female Alphas or are you going with the first two born?" She asks.