Chapter 6

Lila POV

I would never survive in this dungeon just walking around I feel like I can't breathe and the walls are closing in on me. I start to panic and that's when he sits me down and tucks my head between my knees and tells me to breathe deeply. It really helps. So when he offered his hand to me, I took it and I could feel the calming effects. From just that simple contact, the walls are no longer closing in and I can breathe just fine.

I go to the third cell as the guard indicated and I see my parents. They look terrible with bags under their eyes. They've lost weight. My Mom seems to be faring better than my Dad. He's lost some hair.

"Mom, Dad," I say and they look up at me.

"Sweetheart, what are you doing here," my Mom says.

"I came to see you. I had to see you. It's been too long," I say.

I reach to the bars to try to give them a hug when the guard shouts, "stay away from the bars."

My mother doesn't stop and reaches out to me. Her skin is instantly burned by the bars she lets out a small yelp. The smell of burning flesh invades my nose.

"I told you to stay away from the bars," the guard says.

"Let her in the cell," Killian says.

The guard gets the keys and lets me in with no questions asked. I pulled my mother into a tight hug and then look at her burns.

"Don't worry. They'll heal quickly," she says.

I give my Dad a big hug and the next thing I know we're all laughing and crying while we hug.

"Look at you. You look great. Running away must agree with you," my dad says.

"Dad. I look the same," I say.

"Gorgeous as ever," he says.

"Stop, Dad," I say.

"That's some mate you have there, darling," he says.

"You think so?" I ask.

"If you had seen all that he went through to find you, you would think so too," he says.

"It was amazing," my mother says. " Where he got the wherewithal is beyond me. I probably would have given up before I found you if it were me."

"Thanks Mom. Good to know you would have given up on me," I say.

"He marked you?" She asks, looking at my mark and pulling at the skin.

"Yes mom. Before I even learned his name or spoke one word," I say.

"And how do you feel about that?" She asks.

"It was going to happen eventually. It's the heat I'm worried about," I say.

"You didn't mate? Oh sweetie. You have to mate. You don't want to go through that. Your Aunt Mary was humping trees when she couldn't find a wolf to mate with," she says.

"No, not Mary. Isabella was humping trees. Mary was in severe pain for months at a time when she couldn't find someone to mate with," dad says.

"Whatever. The point is you do not want to go through that. You could even mate with a different wolf. Take care of that ASAP," she says.

"I will try," I say.

"So tell me all about what happened while you were gone," she says.

I told them all about my time down in Texas leaving out the private moments. I answered all of their questions and the time just flew by. I saw Killian move by the bars and knew it was time to go.