Chapter 10

Lila POV

I woke up early to an empty bed. Today I was going to clean my parents house. Catherine and Kelsey decided to help me.

The house was a small two bedroom all on one level. It opened to a small atrium with a closet. The living room is to the left, kitchen to the right. There's a hallway connecting the two with our bedrooms and the bathroom.

I started by washing their sheets then we tackled the kitchen. Kelsey did the dishes while Catherine swept and dusted.

Next I cleaned the refrigerator with Kelsey making a list of all the food I threw out. I went on to clean the rest of the kitchen then checked on Catherine.

"Are you finished?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm ready to go," she says. "Today is my birthday and I'm hoping to find my mate."

"I didn't know it was your birthday. Oh and you're wasting it cleaning," I say. " Thank you for all of your help, but why don't you take Kelsey and do something fun?"

I already told you. I'm hoping to find my mate. I have to get out and about to do that," she says.

I look at the time and it is eleven fifteen. "We need to hurry. My parents will be out in forty five minutes."

We all climbed into the SUV and I drove towards the gate. At the gate, they stopped my car. I rolled down the window to see what the issue was when Killian popped up.

"Don't jump in front of a car like that. If it wasn't a friendly, you'd be minced meat," he says to the guard.

"Hey beautiful," he says, coming up to my window. " You need the password to leave."

"I don't know the password," I say.

"Then you're going to have to entice me with something else," he says, grinning.

"Oh get out of the way," Catherine says.

"No one is talking to you," he says. "How about a kiss?"

I turn to him and give him a peck on the lips. "That's not going to do it," he says. He grabs my head and goes for a deep kiss.

I moan and say, "five."

"Should we go somewhere?" He asks.

"Maybe at lunch. I have to go. My parents will be out soon," I say.

"But I'm at a seven and you smell delicious," he says, kissing me again. His eyes show so much love for me that I am tempted.

"Disgusting," Catherine says.

"This is so hot," Kelsey says.

"Keep it in your pants. Lunch is soon," I say.

"Be safe," he says, stepping away from the vehicle.

I drove through and made my way to the grocery store with directions from Catherine. Kelsey helped me find everything on the list plus a few treats that weren't. Catherine walked around touching any man she saw.

We went back to the house and put away all of the groceries. My parents came in just as we were finishing up.

"Sweetheart, thank you. You didn't have to do this. Thank you girls," my mother says.

"Did you get ice cream," my father asks.

"Yes Dad. Just for you," I say, knowing my mother doesn't let him have any.

He made his way over to the freezer and took it out. "Does anyone want to join me?" Kelsey and Catherine raise their hands.

"I'm really sorry but I have to get going," I say.