Chapter 21

Lila POV

I don't know I was getting so enraged about Killian siding with Tomas, but it's really pissing me off. He never liked Tomas and now he's got his back. What Tomas did was disgusting and selfish. His story taints my entire time with him. I was about to give myself to him and he was fucking Daniela the entire time.

No. I'm not going to forgive him. It's alarming that she killed her mate. She could have easily hurt me at any time and thanks to his keeping it all a secret, I was a sitting duck.

"Tell us how you really feel," Killian says. "You were ranting out loud.

I tried to walk out the door but Killian stopped me. He can be so annoying sometimes. I try to shove him but he won't budge.

"Lila, I am so sorry for what I did. I know I can't make it up to you, but try to see where I'm coming from," Tomas says.

"Daniela was a great friend to me and you made her into a monster. You should never have treated her like that. Then you call her rough. Why? Because she spoke her mind. She didn't use pretty words. What was it that made you reject her?" I shout.

"Lila, she really wasn't like you-" he says before I cut him off.

"So what? I'm not so great. What was it?" I ask again.

"When she thought she was going to be Luna she started abusing my pack members. I'm talking physically abusing them. That's why I broke things off. She was cruel and dishonest. I thought about banishing her and maybe I should have," he says.

There's a knock on the door. Our food had arrived, but I'm still fuming. Killian pays the delivery person then passes out the food. Catherine and Tomas share his table while Killian and I take the one from the empty bed.

I'm so angry I can't eat. Then it hits me that I might be taking it out on the wrong person. Maybe I am raging at Tomas because I can't rage at Daniela. I'll never rage at her again. She's dead. That's when I start crying. Killian stops eating and hold me, rocking me softly.

I cry for everything that has happened since I left the pack. Killian holds me so tight. I feel so much better in his arms that my tears start to subside. Then I am exhausted.

Killian picks me up and puts me on the empty bed. "Take a little nap. I promise to wake you up in an hour, he says.

I lay down and closed my eyes, listening to their easy conversation. Eventually, I fall asleep.

When I wake up, Catherine and Killian are gone. It's just me and Tomas. I don't feel like talking to him and I can see his eyes are closed. I try to tiptoe out when he says, "I really did try to make her happy. I loved her. I thought she was my person. I was devastated when she wasn't my mate. Once I saw who she really was though, I couldn't turn a blind eye."

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry you went through that. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. My view of you is just different. I really don't know you like I thought I did," I say.

"Can we start over again? As friends?" He asks.

I go over and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Stop playing girl you know I can't no matter how much I want to," he says.

"I guess you're going to have to be more creative with your hands or your tongue," I say giving him a coquettish smile.

Killian walks in enraged. "What the fuck?"

"It's just how we flirt," I say.

"Why the fuck are you flirting with him?" He asks.

"We just made up and decided to start over. Calm down. It's just words," I say.