Chapter 20

Killian POV

Tomas is on the ground bleeding. Daniela is shrieking. I jump down and snap her neck, throwing her body to the floor. I see the bartender on the other side of the girls and yell for them to get down.

As soon as they're down I let my claws out and impale him on my hand. I grab his intestines, pulling them out, successfully eviscerating him. I'm covered in blood now.

I grab Tomas throwing him over my shoulder while leading the girls back out the way we came. As soon as we leave the bar, we are surrounded by Marvin's men.

Just when I think all is lost, Gamma Jade appears in the distance. She has at least one hundred men with her. As soon as the men see them, they attempt to flee.  My men give chase.

I see the bartenders truck with the keys in the ignition and get in the back with Tomas. Lila gets in the driver's seat while Catherine gets in the passenger. She drives us back to our pack.

Adrenaline is still pumping, making me agitated. I should have stayed behind and fought. Lila was driving so slow.

"Lila, push the gas petal. We have a dying man here," I say. She presses down harder.

I'm trying to put pressure on his wound but he is still losing a lot of blood. His eyes are closed and I start thinking the worse.

"Catherine, I'm sorry we weren't there sooner," I say.

"You did your best. Switch places with me. I want to be with my mate as much as possible," she says.

She climbs back and I climb into the front seat. My beautiful mate is fully concentrating on the road. I want to kiss her but I know it would freak her out.

We make it to pack lands and she drives to the hospital. Emergency services come out to take Tomas. He is immediately taken to surgery. I hug my sister as she cries. I can feel Lila holding on to my back.

"Lila, I want you to get checked out too," I say.
She nods her head and goes with Dr. Nguyen when he shows up. I pull Catherine along as I follow them.

Dr. Nguyen lets her take a shower first and change into a hospital gown. She tossed her wet clothes probably not wanting the reminder. He examines her and gives her the all clear. He offers Catherine a shower too but she declines.

We return to the waiting room to await word about Tomas. That was very brave and foolish what he did, but that bullet could have been made for me.

Jade: We took down all of Marvin's men and making our way back home.

Me: Excellent job Gamma. Did we sustain any casualties?

Jade: No Alpha. There are ten injured but they'll live. How is the Luna?

Me: She's perfect.

Jade: Good to hear Alpha. See you soon.

Me: See you soon.

"Who were you talking to?" Lila asks.

"My Gamma," I say.

"And?" She asks.

"And everything is fine for the moment. They're on their way back," I say.

The way she's looking at me is really turning me on. I let go of my sister and turn to her. She runs her hands through my hair and I close my eyes and enjoy it.

Why can't we spend our lives in bed? That's the only place I want to be. In the bed with my mate. I will give her anything she wants, all the babies she wants, anything to make her happy. To My love, I would give everything.