Chapter 15

Lila POV

There wasn't much to do since I couldn't freely move around the pack. Here I am straddling my mate while engaged in a heavy make out session at eleven in the morning.

He's been neglecting his work to keep me company until everything settles down. I can't keep my hands off of him and he which he doesn't mind. His phone rings bringing everything to a stop.

"Hello. Yes, this is Alpha Killian. I am aware of that situation. I can't do anything about it right now. No. That won't work. What's your name? And your number? I will get back to you if I hear anything else. Thank you."

He's writing down notes and putting them into piles. The phone rings again and I get off his lap. I go to sit on his couch. There's a knock on the door and Catherine pokes her head in.
She wags her finger at me to say follow her.

I walk into the hallway and Tomas is there. "I wanted to talk to both of you so I can settle my mind," she says. "I know you were lovers so how far did you go?"

"It's really not a big deal. We dated and I had decided to sleep with him when Killian showed up," I said.

"You did?" He asks.

"It doesn't matter! As I told Killian, the most we did was oral. And it was only a couple times," I say.

"Did you love him?" Catherine asks.

"I did, but it's nothing compared to Killian," I say. "Not even close. Tomas is a really good friend."

"Did you love her?" She asks.

"I did. I loved her a lot. I did more to bring her pleasure than she did, but honestly, it was bland compared to how I feel about you," Tomas says.

"This is so awkward. It's in the past and doesn't matter. Do you love him?" I ask.

"I do," she says.

"And does he make you happy?" I ask.

"Yes he does," she says.

"Then that's all that matters. Everything else is in the past and you should leave it there," I say.

"But you were mad at Killian for Tara," she says.

"No. I was mad because he lied to me and she was rude. How could I be mad at him when he wasn't my first?" I point out. "He doesn't hold that against me even though he could."

Killian comes out and gives me a kiss. "That's because my Luna is perfect in every way and made just for me. I thank the Moon Goddess everyday for her."

He kisses me again and I'm blushing like a schoolgirl. "I have to go down in the dungeons. Have lunch without me. I might be late." I watch as he walks away. He looks back and smiles.

"You guys are so cute," Catherine says.

"Mating made a world of difference, but if I'm honest, your brother is easy to love," I say smiling. "I have the best mate. Hopefully he marries me and we have babies soon. Don't tell him I said that."

"Why do you want to get married? You're already marked and mated," Tomas says.

"It's just another way to be closer to him. Another bond I can tie myself to him. Plus I want to call him my husband," I say.

"That's such a human thing to do," he says.

"My brother and sister are coming home soon. I can't wait for both of you to meet them," Catherine says.

Catherine jumps on Tomas and I take that as my opportunity to leave. I don't like being caught in those conversations so I take the opportunity to leave.