Chapter 19

Lila POV

My heart hurts and I know only part of it is from me. Killian feels like I've betrayed him. Why can't he see that Tomas is a different man since he's met Catherine. It took a lot for him to make his confession, but it meant nothing to Killian.

I went downstairs to find Killian but he's nowhere. I decided to try to mindlink.

Me: Killian

No reply. I can feel that he's blocked me out. I tried going down to the dungeons again but was turned away. I decided that I was going to see Daniela. I stopped at Catherine's room to see if she wanted to join me.

I knocked on the door. "Come in," she says.

"I'm going to Tomas' pack. Do you want to join me?" I ask.

"I would love to but Tomas said- You know what? Nevermind. Let's go," she says. "You got a bit of pregnancy brain already, don't ya?

We go to find Killian's keys but they're gone. He must be making sure I stay in or that I let him know where I'm going.

"No worries. We can take my car," she says. "I will drive."

We got in the car then I put her address in the GPS. It was a thirty minute drive. I called Daniela to let her know we were on our way. She was so excited.

"Hopefully we get to see Tomas too. I just might stay to be with him," she says.

The drive was short and uneventful. We had just turned onto her street when I got an urgent mindlink from Killian.

Killian: Where are you?!

Me: Calm down. We came to visit my friend Daniela.

Killian: Who is she? Where are you? One of my scouts said they saw you near Tomas' pack. Is that true?

Me: Yes. Why?

Killian: Listen to me. I need you to turn around and come home.

Me: We're already here. Let me just grab her-

Killian: Please listen to me. Daniela is not his blood sister. She's the one who contacted Marvin.

"Catherine stop the car. We have to get out of here," I said.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"Just get out of here fast," I say.

I can see Daniela. She's outside waiting. She starts waving to us as I yank the steering wheel. She starts running for the car. I see her pull a gun and then shoot.

She blew out the back window.

Me: Killian she has a gun. She's shooting at us.

Killian: We're getting there as fast as we can. Just drive.

Me: I think Catherine's in shock. She's not moving.

Killian: Was she hit?

Me: I don't know. I don't think so. I don't see any blood.

"Catherine! Catherine!" I shook her with all my might and then I slapped her.

"What's going on? I thought this girl was your friend," she says

"So did I, but apparently there are things going on that even I don't know about," I say.

"We have to get out of here. Start the car and let's go."

She turned the ignition but the car wouldn't start. Trying again, the car made some odd noises but then started right up. I didn't think we'd get very far though because the engine was knocking badly.