Chapter 26

Killian POV

I woke up early to get ready for the fight. Lila was still asleep, thank the Goddess. I didn't want to have another fight with her before I left.

I took a long leisurely shower and then dressed. I went downstairs and was greeted by Greg. He, of course, is always ten steps ahead of me and had breakfast ready for me.

"I heard you take a shower and I figured you could use some protein," he says.

Thanks Greg. So what are the odds of me winning?" I ask.

"I put you at 58%. I wish it was more but he's kind of crazy," he says.

"Is the weather going to hold out?" I ask.

"You really want to talk to me about the weather?" He asks.

"No," I say. "I would much rather be upstairs sleeping with my mate.

Tara walks in and she looks a little disheveled. I can't help but wonder what she was doing before she got here. Probably the same thing I was doing last night.

"I came over as soon as I could," she says.

"Thank you Tara," I say. "I just wanted to let you know how much I love and appreciate you. Make sure you tell my mate I love her too."

"Will do Alpha, she says. "Hey Alpha, make sure you come home in one piece."

I give her a tight hug. She hugs me back. I let go before she starts crying. She's a brave woman but everyone has their limits as I saw last night with my mate.

I didn't want to be thinking about that now. I wanted to remember how we were after that. When she was laying in my arms asleep. Seeing her small baby bump rise and fall.

It was time to get going. I opened the door to seeing what looked like my entire pack standing out there. They gave a cheer and I try to quiet them down.

"Thank you for coming out to show your support," I say.

"We love you Alpha," came a shout.

"Good luck Alpha," came another.

"There's no time for a big speech so thanks again. Let's go if you're coming," I say then make my way into the passenger side of Greg's SUV. We are followed by fifty cars.

I just want to run back upstairs and climb in bed with my mate, but I'm doing this for her.
My father climbs into the back and we take off.

It's only a twenty minute ride to Marvin's pack. It looks pretty quiet. No one is out and about.

We park the car and I run up to the pack house. I knock and wait. No one answers so I go back to the car.

Greg knocks on the nearest house to see what is going on. All of a sudden the door opens and out walks a man. A man I've seen before. A man I saw just this morning.

He smiles as he slowly walks down the stairs. "Hello brother," he says and I'm struck dumb.

"Where is Marvin?" I ask. "And what the fuck are you doing here? We all thought you were dead."

"Nevermind all of that. Where is my mate?" He asks. "I will fight you for her. To the death if need be."

"Answer my questions," I demand.

"And why should I do that? You guys didn't want me. Just gave me to Alpha Frederick like I was nothing. I lived my entire life knowing I was unloved and unwanted," he says.

"That's bullshit," my father says. " Come home and I'll prove it."

"I am home, father. With the people who love and want me. All I need is my mate. Where is she? Bring her to me," he says.