Chapter 28

Killian POV

It's day one without Lila and I am already off kilter. I didn't realize how much of my world revolved around her. Even while I was doing my regular Alpha duties, all I can do is think about her. This was a bad idea and I had nobody to blame for it but myself.

She wouldn't have left me for him without my encouragement and he wouldn't have asked her to. Now I sit here with Greg drinking trying to drown out my sorrows but it's just not working.

"Dude why don't you just mindlink her and let her know you miss her?" Greg asks.

"I can't do that. I don't want to make her feel guilty. She and my brother deserve to build their relationship. They are mates," I say. "That was made abundantly clear the other night when I didn't feel the pain of her cheating on me when she fucked him."

"Oh man. That's got to be rough. I can't imagine having to share Susie," he says.

"It wasn't too bad but now it's just driving me crazy knowing that he has her. He could be doing anything to her anything and I would have no idea. I should have just convinced him to stay. That's what she wanted. Now I have to go a whole week without her," I say.

"You sound like a lovesick pup," he says.

"I'm a love sick wolf and the stupidest guy on the planet," I say.

"Why don't you go over there to talk about merging the packs?" He asks.

"No. I have to give him at least one week one shitty week," I say. "I can't even believe he's alive. He deserves all the love and happiness he can get. She'll make him happy. Then we deal with my mother as well."

"That's Alpha Lance's deal," he says. "I'm glad you don't have to make the decision. Killing your mom is no easy task."

"Who says I would kill her?" I ask.

"That's what I'm talking about," he says. You don't have the headspace to make that decision."

"I better get home while I'm able," I say.

I grabbed my remaining whiskey bottle and walked home. Tomas is there waiting up for me.

"Now you know how I felt. It wouldn't surprise me if you went over there," he says.

"I'm not going to do that. They need this time together," I say.

"Whatever you say buddy. I'm here if you need to talk," he says.

As I'm walking upstairs, I hear the sweetest sound I ever heard in my life.

Lila: Killian, what are you doing?

Me: Just got home from Greg's. A little drunk thinking about you.

Lila: Are you really? I've been thinking about you all day.

Me: Where's Ronan?

Lila: He's dealing with some fight so I thought I'd take the time to talk to you. I love you.

Me: I love you too. What have you guys been up to?

Lila: Nothing much. Just talking. His pack is a lot rowdier than yours so he runs off a lot.

Me: Part of Alpha duty is settling disputes.

Lila: We should have just convinced him to stay. I miss you so much.

Me: Goddess, I miss you too.

Lila: I hope I can last a week. It's so different over here. I wish you were here.