Chapter 12

Lila POV

I grab my bags of clothes and lingerie making sure they can't be seen before I hand them to Killian. My dress is being altered so I don't have to worry about him seeing that yet.

We go to the room and I start putting stuff away. He's sitting at the foot of the bed watching me.

"Stop looking," I say and he lays back.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks.

"Oh that. I was talking to my mom and did you know that since I went into heat, I will until I get pregnant?" I ask.

"I had no idea," he says.

"So what are we going to do?" I ask.

"What do you want to do?" He asks.

"I really don't want to go through heat every few months for the next couple of years," I say. "What if I go into heat during the Alpha ceremony? I'll never live that down."

"You want me to get you pregnant?" He asks.

"One pregnancy and I never have to go through that again," I say.

"We talked about this," he says.

I climb on him until I was straddling him. I begin kissing his neck making my way up to his mouth. He was ready for me with a slow deep kiss. I moan "7".

What if we just let nature take its course?" I say. "No protection and we'll see what happens when."

"I can't do that," he says.

"Please. Once a month?" I ask.

"You know I was panicked thinking I did something to you last night only for this to be the conversation," he chuckles.

"All you did last night was prove whiskey dick is not a thing for you. Can we get back to what I am saying?"

"How did I prove it? Did we have sex?" He asks.

"No but you did get an erection," I say. "Once every other month?"

"Once when you're in heat," he says.

"You know I am more fertile while in heat?" I ask.

"I am aware. It's what I'm willing to do for you," he says.

"I'll take it if we can negotiate again in the future," I say.

"Everything is up for discussion at any time," he says and I take my shirt off.

"I want to show you something." I say.

I went through heat three weeks before the ceremony. It was better this time because Killian stayed with me the entire time giving into my need whenever it arose.

Now we have three days before the ceremony and people are pouring in. It was nice seeing all the people here to support my mate and me by extension.

That was until the dreaded person showed up. Tara, Killian's drunken hook up. She was a very pretty blonde woman who greeted him with a kiss on the mouth.

I was livid, but Catherine held me back. "She's just trying to get a rise out of you. Don't give it to her," she says.

"She just kissed him and he did nothing!" I say. "Am I supposed to just sit here while she molests my mate? Look at her," I say.

She was rubbing her hands all over his chest and arms. I don't care what Catherine says, I am going over there. I'll give him credit, he did stop her from going lower.

I pushed my way between them with Catherine on my heels and introduced myself. "Hi. I'm Lila, Killian's mate.

I saw the mischievous look in her eye. "Nice to meet you. I'm Tara. You know I haven't seen this guy since we hooked up a year ago."